CHINESE STEAMED BUNS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Here's some yummy, Chinese dim sum you can make, either plain without meat fillings, or with meat fillings. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate, a plate with holes to allow steam to pass, is required to make these tasty buns. You may use milk in place of the warm water if you wish.
Provided by Carol chi-wa Chung
Categories Bread Yeast Bread Recipes
Total Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 24 steamed buns
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 1/4 cup warm water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup warm water, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, and vegetable oil. Knead until dough surface is smooth and elastic. Roll over in a greased bowl, and let stand until triple in size, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Punch down dough, and spread out on a floured board. Sprinkle baking powder evenly on surface, and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 2 parts, and place the piece you are not working with in a covered bowl. Divide each half into 12 parts. Shape each part into a ball with smooth surface up. Put each ball on a wax paper square. Let stand covered until double, about 30 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in wok, and reduce heat to medium; the water should still be boiling. Place steam-plate on a small wire rack in the middle of the wok. Transfer as many buns on wax paper as will comfortably fit onto steam-plate leaving 1 to 2 inches between the buns. At least 2 inches space should be left between steam-plate and the wok. Cover wok with lid. Steam buns over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- REMOVE LID BEFORE you turn off heat, or else water will drip back onto bun surface and produce yellowish "blisters" on bun surfaces. Continue steaming batches of buns until all are cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8.4 g, FatContent 0.7 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 1.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 35 mg, SugarContent 1.2 g
CHINESE PORK DUMPLINGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
In Seattle's International District, Liana Cafe House sells traditional Chinese pork dumplings from a tiny takeout shop. See how to make them at home.
Provided by Allrecipes
Categories Main Dishes Dumpling Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield 50 dumplings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon chives, sesame seeds, and chile sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix pork, garlic, egg, 2 tablespoons chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Place a dumpling wrapper on a lightly floured work surface and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle. Wet the edge with a little water and crimp together forming small pleats to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining dumpling wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 8 to 10 dumplings in the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Pour in 1 cup of water, cover and cook until the dumplings are tender and the pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Repeat for remaining dumplings. Serve with soy sauce mixture for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 539.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 50.2 g, CholesterolContent 103.2 mg, FatContent 24.6 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 27.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.6 g, SodiumContent 2372.9 mg, SugarContent 0.7 g
More about "recipe for chinese foods recipes"
CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 55 minutes
Category Dinner, Main course
Calories 264 calories per serving
- Wipe out the pan and fry the chicken in the remaining oil until it is browned all over. Tip the sauce back into the pan and bring everything to a simmer, stir in the peas and cook for 5 minutes. Add a little water if you need to thin the sauce. Serve with rice.
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | ELLIE KRIEGER | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 34 minutes
Calories 415 calorie per serving
- In a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, scallions, water chestnuts, Mandarin orange and sliced chicken. In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, brown sugar and chili sauce. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide among bowls and top each serving with 2 teaspoons toasted almonds.
CHINESE FIVE SPICE (MADE EASY) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 5 minutes
Calories 17.3 per serving
- Use measure-for-measure in any recipe calling for Chinese Five Spice powder.
CHINESE ROAST DUCK RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Category Dinner, Main course
Calories 1387 calories per serving
- To cook, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7. (Fan ovens are particularly effective for roasting duck.) Put a little water in the bottom of a large roasting tin, place the ducks on a rack over the top and cover with foil. Roast for about 45 mins. Take off the foil and roast for another 45 mins – the duck must be well done, there is no such thing as a rare Chinese roast duck! Take the duck out of the oven and let it rest for a good 20 mins before carving.
TOP 20 FILIPINO CHICKEN RECIPES - PINOY RECIPE AT IBA PA
TAKEOUT-STYLE CHINESE SPARE RIBS RECIPE | JEFF MAURO ...
Total Time 6 hours 15 minutes
- Drizzle the ribs with honey, move them to the direct heat side and quickly char each rib to caramelize.
RECIPES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
CHINESE FOOD & RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
20 HEALTHY CHINESE FOOD RECIPES | EAT THIS NOT THAT
RECIPES | CAULDRON FOODS
FALOODA RECIPE | FALUDA ICE CREAM - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
300 HEALTHY INDIAN BREAKFAST RECIPES | HEALTHY VEG ...
13 BEST VEGETARIAN CHINESE RECIPES| EASY ... - NDTV FOOD
ASIAN FOOD RECIPES - AUTHENTIC & EASY TO COOK | ASIAN ...
RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS