BIG BATCH SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Big Batch Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 24-30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- After it has simmered, cool completely and store in freezer bags or containers in increments that you find best for your family; (When ready to use, thaw and heat).
- Or process in a boiling covered canner for 35 minutes
- Favorite ingredients can be added like sliced mushrooms, cooked/drained sausage, hamburger, etc.
- This sauce is great for any Italian dish.
- Great as a sauce for pasta and as a pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.4, FatContent 2.7, SaturatedFatContent 0.4, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 731.9, CarbohydrateContent 14.8, FiberContent 3.2, SugarContent 9.8, ProteinContent 2.9
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PAN SAUCE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Seven ingredients and one skillet lead the way to home cooking that's as good as anything you'll eat in restaurants.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut 2 tablespoons of the butter into pea-sized pieces, put it on a small plate, and stick it in the freezer. Heat a large skillet over medium-heat high for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil and wait for the butter to melt.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, add them to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the skillet. Cook, turning once, until they are well browned on both sides but not quite cooked through, 2 minutes per side (less if the scallops are under 1 inch across; more if they’re over). Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon juice, and wine and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid in the skillet thickens, a minute or two, then whisk in the butter you chilled in the freezer, one bit at a time, to make a creamy sauce, adding another tablespoon or two of liquid if necessary.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and add the chives. Adjust the heat so the sauce bubbles gently and toss to coat the scallops with the sauce. To serve, transfer the scallops to a platter and spoon the sauce over all.
- Seared Scallops With Cherry Tomatoes and Basil: Skip the lemon juice. Cut 1 pint cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes with the garlic and wine and cook until they wrinkle a bit and release their juice, 2 or 3 minutes. Use chopped fresh basil leaves instead of chives.
- Releasing From The Pan: The scallops will offer no resistance when they’re ready to turn. Press down gently while the scallops cook to encourage full contact with the pan, then listen for a hiss: That’s moisture heating and evaporating.
- Getting A Good Sear: The idea is to brown the scallops well on both sides without overcooking them, so keep the heat as high as you can without creating too much smoke.
- Building Sauce With Butter: After you add the liquid and deglaze the pan, the addition of butter develops fantastic creaminess and richness.
- Finishing The Dish: As soon as the scallops are cooked through completely and coated with the sauce, remove the pan from the heat; they will continue to cook. Nick-and-peek into one if you need to check for doneness.
More about "large sauce pan recipes"
BEEF NOODLE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 50 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Noodle Soup Recipes
Calories 377.2 calories per serving
- Stir in the bouillon, parsley, ground black pepper, carrots, water and egg noodles. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
SPINACH CARBONARA PIZZA - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Unroll dough over bottom of lightly greased Large Bar Pan or Shallow Baker. Gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown; remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces; cook in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels. Place spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Carefully remove lid; press spinach to side of batter bowl using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Blot excess moisture with paper towels and set aside.Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater; set aside. Finely chop half of the bacon using Food Chopper. Combine Alfredo sauce, chopped bacon and black pepper in (2-cup/500-mL) Easy Read Measuring Cup; mix well.To assemble pizza, spread sauce to edges of crust; top with half of the mozzarella cheese, spinach mixture and remaining bacon. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and additional black pepper, if desired.Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cut pizza into squares using Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
BREAKFAST IN A PAN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Breakfast, Brunch
Calories 434 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent dough into a long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with ham and potatoes., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt until blended; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until set and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes.
BÉCHAMEL SAUCE - LARGE QUANTITY RECIPE - (4/5)
THE BEST LARGE SAUCEPANS FOR FAMILY-SIZE COOKING
THE BEST LARGE SAUCEPAN | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
ONE-PAN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
THE BEST LARGE SAUCEPANS | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
THE BEST SAUCEPANS OF 2020 FOR COOKING LITERALLY ...
LARGE QUANTITY RECIPES - GRAVY AND SAUCES TO SERVE A CROWD
THE 8 BEST SAUCEPANS IN 2021 - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE - ONLYPANS
PAN ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH SAUCE - BOWL ME OVER
PÂTE À CHOUX | KING ARTHUR BAKING
WHY WOULD YOU USE A LARGE SAUCEPAN OVER A SMALL ONE FOR A ...
HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS: EASY PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE ...
COMMON PANS USED FOR COOKING AND BAKING
VENISON CHILI RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | FOOD NETWORK
BEST SAUTÉ PANS 2021 – TOP BUYS ON TEST | BBC GOOD FOOD