TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Use ground turkey to lighten up this comforting American classic - a low fat, low calorie dinner that the whole family will love
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 8-10 mins until softened. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tsp tomato purée, and stir until combined. Set aside to cool.
- Put the turkey mince, egg, breadcrumbs and cooled onion mix in a large bowl and season well. Mix everything to combine, then shape into a rectangular loaf and place in a large roasting tin. Spread 2 tbsp barbecue sauce over the meatloaf and bake for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain 1 can of beans only, then pour both cans into a large bowl. Add the remaining barbecue sauce and tomato purée. Season and set aside.
- When the meatloaf has had its initial cooking time, scatter the beans around the outside and bake for 15 mins more until the meatloaf is cooked through and the beans are piping hot. Scatter over the parsley and serve the meatloaf in slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, FatContent 6 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 45 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 11 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 43 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.7 milligram of sodium
TURKEY AND QUINOA MEATLOAF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I always found turkey meatloaf to be quite disappointing. The flavor is usually lacking as well as the texture. Well, I have developed this version that has a great texture and a surprisingly good flavor (my brother couldn't even tell that it wasn't beef)! The secret is the quinoa, which adds wonderful texture and is much nuttier than breadcrumbs. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Provided by Andrew Benoit
Categories Turkey Meatloaf
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.2 g, CholesterolContent 120.8 mg, FatContent 11 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 25.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.7 g, SodiumContent 967.6 mg, SugarContent 7.3 g
More about "gluten free turkey meatloaf recipe recipes"
UNBELIEVABLY MOIST TURKEY MEATLOAF - INSPIRED TASTE
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 332 per serving
- Bake the meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meatloaf registers 170 degrees F, about 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
THE BEST LOW CARB KETO MEATLOAF RECIPE ... - WHOLESO…
CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST TURKEY MEATLOAF (SUPER MOIST) - FOOLPROOF LIVING
TURKEY-BEEF MEATLOAF | ALLRECIPES
MOM'S MEATLOAF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER HOMESTYLE GROUND TURKEY (OR BEEF) MEATLOAF ...
EASY GLUTEN-FREE MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS