AIR FRYER CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH SRIRACHA MAYO - SKINNYTASTE
This spicy, Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich inspired by Chick-fil-a is made with lean chicken breast brined in pickle juice and buttermilk, served with pickles and sriracha mayo – SO good!
Provided by Gina
Total Time 393 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pound out the thicker end of the chicken breast to make the thickness even on both ends, about 1/2-inch thick, this will ensure the chicken cooks even, then cut each breast in half to make 4 pieces.
- Whisk buttermilk and pickle juice in a bowl.
- Add chicken and toss to coat; cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg in another bowl.
- Line the air fryer basket with an air fryer parchment liner (these are sold on Amazon, look for parchment with the holes).
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Then into the egg and back into the flour, using the back of a fork to coat well so it adheres.
- Shake excess then transfer to the prepared air fryer basket and spray tops with oil. (For best results, let the chicken sit 15 minutes or refrigerated longer help keep the breading on)
- Air fry in batches as needed 380F until golden and cooked through, about 15 to 18 minutes, turning halfway depending on the thickness, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile combine sriracha and mayo in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, place the mayo on the top of rolls, place the chicken on the bottom roll followed by the pickle chips and tops of rolls.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 sandwich, Calories 334 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 31 g, ProteinContent 35 g, FatContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, CholesterolContent 100 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 7 g, SodiumContent 796 mg
SPICY KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH GOCHUJANG SAUCE RECIPE ...
It took about two decades for this style of Korean fried chicken to make its way into the American foodie scene. The chicken is deep fried twice to make the exterior extra crispy and to lock moisture in. The gochujang sauce is a hot, honey, spicy mix...and well, it's just fabulous. You'll have the family completely raving!
Provided by Diana71
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Whisk milk and egg together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined and smooth. Add chicken tenders to egg wash and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, potato starch, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Pour mixture into a large, resealable plastic bag. Drain and discard marinade from chicken tenders. Add chicken to the bag, seal it, and shake until each piece is completely dredged in mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Add chicken pieces to the hot oil about 5 pieces at a time so as not to drop the temperature of the oil. Fry for 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Continue with remaining chicken pieces.
- Increase oil heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until continuously boiling. Carefully add the first batch of cooked chicken and fry again until cooked through and crispy about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat with the second batch of chicken pieces. Transfer chicken to a medium-sized serving bowl.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, gochujang paste, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Cook and stir continuously until sugar has melted and sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. Drizzle sauce over twice-fried chicken tenders and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 52.4 g, CholesterolContent 111.7 mg, FatContent 8.2 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 29.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 938.2 mg, SugarContent 34.1 g
More about "fried chicken sandwich with slaw and spicy mayo recipes"
TOP SECRET RECIPES | POPEYES SPICY MAYONNAISE
Total Time 20 minutes0S
YOUR STATE'S BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE 17 BEST PLACES TO GET FRIED CHICKEN IN PORTLAND
HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED CHICKEN: 15 STEPS (WITH PICTURES ...
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN AND AVOCADO CLUB | THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY