ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN | ALLRECIPES
One secret of this beef tenderloin is the slow oven, which allows for a gentle roasting, and produces an even, rosy hue throughout the muscle. The other trick is roasting the beef on top of the pan sauce, which not only flavors the meat, but also humidifies the oven for a moist, aromatic cooking environment.
Provided by Chef John
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine porcini mushrooms and water in a bowl; soak until soft, 1 hour. Drain and reserve liquid. Dice and set mushrooms and reserved liquid aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Place beef in the skillet; cook until brown on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in 1 tablespoon butter, shallots, and a pinch of salt; cook until shallots are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour tarragon vinegar into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping any browned bits off of the bottom. Stir until liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in veal stock, cream, 1/2 cup reserved mushroom liquid, mushrooms, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Return beef to the skillet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until meat is medium rare, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer meat to a plate and loosely tent with foil. Set skillet over high heat and bring pan juices to a boil.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and tarragon; season with salt and pepper to taste. Return tenderloin and any accumulated juices to skillet and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.8 g, CholesterolContent 173.1 mg, FatContent 25 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 56.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.8 g, SodiumContent 148.7 mg, SugarContent 1 g
MARINATED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My three grown children and grandkids enjoy this tempting tenderloin. Leftovers make wonderful sandwiches with oven-fresh bread and Dijon mustard. I sometimes substitute a marinated eye of round roast...and it turns out fine.
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 05 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a shallow dish; add bay leaf and tenderloin. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight., Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 55-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting often with reserved marinade. let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
More about "fresh beef tenderloin recipes"
BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE - HOW TO COOK BEEF TENDERLOIN IN ...
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Category gluten-free, nut-free, dinner party, dinner, main dish, meat
Calories 631 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, sprigs of rosemary, bay leaf, smashed garlic, and honey. Add meat to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to one day. Optional: Bring tenderloin up to room temperature before baking. Preheat oven to 450º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit a wire rack inside. Remove tenderloin from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt, pepper, rosemary, and minced garlic, then place on rack. Roast until cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes for rare. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, horseradish, and lemon juice, and season with salt. Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce on the side.
BEEF TENDERLOIN IN MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 417 calories per serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat; cook steaks to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan, reserving drippings; keep warm., In same pan, heat drippings and remaining butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onion until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually stir in broth and, if desired, browning sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with steaks.
10 BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
35 IRRESISTIBLE BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST WITH HORSERADISH | EASY WEEKNIGHT ...
10 BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN TIPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTURE RAISED BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST, DELIVERED FRESH ...
SOUS VIDE BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH GARLIC ... - BEST BEEF RECIPES
17 CELEBRATION-WORTHY BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
EASY WHOLE BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST - BEST BEEF RECIPES
INA GARTEN BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES
BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
NINJA FOODIE GRILL BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES
BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH RED WINE SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BEEF TENDERLOIN TIPS #SUNDAYSUPPER - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE (BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST) - VIDEO!!!