LASAGNA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
In 2001, Regina Schrambling went on a week long odyssey in search of the ultimate lasagna recipe. She tested several, and finally found her ideal in a mash-up of recipes from Giuliano Bugialli and Elodia Rigante, both Italian cookbook authors. “If there were central casting for casseroles, this one deserved the leading role. But its beauty was more than cheese deep. This was the best lasagna I had ever eaten. The sauce was intensely flavored, the cheeses melted into creaminess as if they were bechamel, the meat was just chunky enough, and the noodles put up no resistance to the fork. Most important, the balance of pasta and sauce was positively Italian. At last I could understand why my neighbor Geoff had told me, as I dragged home more bags in our elevator, that all-day lasagna is the only kind worth making.”
Provided by Regina Schrambling
Total Time 4 hours
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the sauce, heat 1/2 cup oil in a large heavy Dutch oven or kettle over low heat. Add the onions, minced garlic and pancetta, and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, until the onions are wilted. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Raise heat slightly, add the wine and cook until it is mostly reduced, about 20 minutes. Crush the tomatoes into the pan, and add their juice. Add the tomato paste and 2 cups lukewarm water. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Combine the sirloin, cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Chop the parsley with the whole garlic until fine, then stir into the beef mixture. Season lavishly with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until all the ingredients are well blended. Shape into meatballs and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dust the meatballs lightly with flour, shaking off excess, and lay into the hot oil. Brown the meatballs on all sides (do not cook through) and transfer to the sauce.
- In a clean skillet, brown the sausages over medium-high heat. Transfer to the sauce. Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, pecorino Romano, parsley and all but 1 cup of the mozzarella. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the meatballs and sausage from the sauce, and set aside to cool slightly, then chop coarsely. Spoon a thick layer of sauce into the bottom of a 9-by-12-inch lasagna pan. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spoon more sauce on top, then add a third of the meat and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat for 2 more layers, using all the meat and cheese. Top with a layer of noodles, and cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella evenly over the top. Bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 1085, UnsaturatedFatContent 43 grams, CarbohydrateContent 43 grams, FatContent 77 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 50 grams, SaturatedFatContent 28 grams, SodiumContent 1335 milligrams, SugarContent 7 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
While not a 30-minute meal, this lasagna is quicker and more straightforward than most. If you're in a real time crunch, use your favorite jarred red sauce. For greater success with the lasagna noodles, which have a tendency to stick together, boil them in the largest pot possible or work in batches – they need as much water as possible to move freely so they don’t clump. This lasagna can be assembled, baked and refrigerated up to five days ahead, or frozen up to a month ahead if wrapped tightly.
Provided by Alison Roman
Total Time 2 hours
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the sauce: Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add sausage, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s starting to brown but not yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is totally softened and translucent (without letting it brown), 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and continue to cook, stirring until the tomato paste has turned a deeper brick red color, tinting the oil and onions a fiery orange color, about 2 minutes.
- Using your hands, crush the whole tomatoes into smaller, bite-size pieces and add them and the crushed tomatoes, stirring to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pot. Fill one of the tomato cans halfway with water and add it to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato sauce has thickened and flavors have come together, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Make the lasagna: Heat oven to 375 degrees and set a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Set aside 1 cup mozzarella. In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella, ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan and cream; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles in the large pot of salted boiling water until just softened (before they are even aldente), about 4 minutes. Drain and separate any noodles that are trying to stick together, slicking them with a bit of olive oil to prevent them from sticking further.
- Spoon a bit of sauce on the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish and top with a layer of noodles, avoiding any heavy overlap.
- Top with about 1 ¼ cups of sauce, and dollop ¼ of the cheese mixture over. Top with another layer of noodles and repeat three more times, ending with the last of the noodles (depending on size of the noodle/shape of the baking dish, you may have a few extra noodles) and the last of the sauce. Top with reserved 1 cup mozzarella and more Parmesan, if you like.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and place baking dish on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet (to prevent any overflow from burning on the bottom of your oven).
- Bake until pasta is completely tender and cooked through and sauce is bubbling up around the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and increase temperature to 450 degrees. Continue to bake until lasagna is golden brown on top with frilly, crispy edges and corners, another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 938, UnsaturatedFatContent 29 grams, CarbohydrateContent 61 grams, FatContent 58 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 44 grams, SaturatedFatContent 26 grams, SodiumContent 1333 milligrams, SugarContent 11 grams
More about "cooking lasagna noodles recipes"
FRESH LASAGNA NOODLES RECIPE - MARTHA STEWART
Category Vegetarian Recipes
- Fill a large bowl with cool water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 noodles at a time for 90 seconds. Using a wire-mesh skimmer, transfer noodles to cool water, and swirl a few times. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet until ready to use, placing a piece of parchment or plastic between layers. Use immediately.
BEST LASAGNA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ... - THE PIONEER WOMAN
Total Time 1 hours
Category パン, comfort food, dinner, main dish, meat
Cuisine Comfort Food, Italian
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, combine ground beef, sausage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat; less if you’re feeling naughty. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil and 1 teaspoon salt. After adding the tomatoes, the sauce mixture should simmer for 45 minutes while you are working on the other steps. In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, 2 more tablespoons parsley, and 1 more teaspoon salt. Stir together well. Set aside. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the olive oil to the boiling water, then cook the lasagna noodles until “al dente” (not overly cooked). Drain. To assemble: Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat/sauce mixture over the top. Repeat, ending with meat/sauce mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan. Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately: 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.
NO-NOODLE ZUCCHINI LASAGNA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Category Zucchini Lasagna
Calories 494 calories per serving
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
MEXICAN LASAGNA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 01 hours 25 minutes
Cuisine North America, Mexican
Calories 521 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chiles, taco seasoning and hot salsa., In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice. , Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through. , Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired, and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Category nut-free, feed a crowd, weeknight meals, winter, baking, dinner, main dish, meat
Cuisine American, Italian
Calories 533 calories per serving
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and drain fat. Return beef to skillet and add garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley, and egg in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then increase temperature to 400º and bake uncovered for 18 to 20 minutes.
OUTSTANDING LASAGNA WITHOUT PRE-BOILING REGULAR NOODLES ...
Total Time 3 hours
Calories 916.1 per serving
- Important: do NOT pre-boil the noodles! Brown chopped onion, sausage and ground beef in small amount of olive oil. When almost browned, add minced garlic so it won't burn. Drain, put in large bowl, mix in with spaghetti sauce, salt & red pepper flakes. Set aside. Get another large bowl; mix in ricotta cheese, egg, ½ C each mozerella, parmesean and romano cheeses, parsley, basil. In 13x9 pan, put 1C of the red sauce in the bottom. Add approximately 3 ½ of the noodles, arrange 3 lengthwise, leaving space between them to allow them to absorb liquid and expand, and add a piece at the end of the pan since they are not long enough to cover the entire length. Take approximately ½ of the white cheese mix, drop by spoonfuls over the noodles and spread around a little. (doesn’t need to cover everything or be perfect!) Then add 1C mozzarella cheese. Repeat this entire layer, using approximately ½ of the remaining red sauce, same amount of noodles and white mix, and another Cup of the mozzarella. Add the remaining red sauce, then 1C of parmesean cheese to top it off. Take the sauce can, fill it halfway with water, then slowly pour over the dish all over, so the liquid will rise up to about half full in the pan. This will all get absorbed by the noodles, because you didn’t pre-boil them. Tightly cover with foil. Bake at 325 F for 2 hours. Then uncover, raise the temp to 350 F and bake another 15-30 minutes until the cheese is golden on top and the edges are pulling away from the pan. Remove from the oven, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes or until all the liquid has set up and the dish is firm.
THE EASIEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER - COOKING CLASSY
EASY LASAGNA RECIPES TO MAKE WITH NO-BOIL NOODLES ...
LASAGNA - COOKING CLASSY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
EASY LASAGNA RECIPE (NO NEED TO BOIL THE NOODLES!)
LASAGNA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
39 THINGS TO DO WITH LASAGNA NOODLES - TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA WITH NO-BOIL NOODLES (4 EASY STEPS ...
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA WITH NO-BOIL NOODLES (4 EASY STEPS)
KETO LASAGNA RECIPE (WITH REAL NOODLES!) | WHOLESOME YUM
ANY GREAT IDEAS FOR SOAKING NO BOIL LASAGNA NOODLES ...
ANY GREAT IDEAS FOR SOAKING NO BOIL LASAGNA NOODLES ...
HOW TO MAKE NO-BOIL LASAGNA (USING REGULAR NOODLES)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE LASAGNA NOODLES FROM SCRATC…
HEALTHY LASAGNA RECIPES | EATINGWELL
30 BEST LASAGNA RECIPES | EASY LASAGNA RECIPE IDEAS ...
HOW TO FREEZE LASAGNA WITHOUT ANY COOKING AHEAD OF TIME ...
BAREFOOT CONTESSA SEAFOOD LASAGNA RECIPES
HOMEMADE EASY MEAT LASAGNA RECIPE WITH NO BOIL NOODLES
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE LASAGNA, BECAUSE YOU ARE TO…
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA | RECIPES
ONE POT LASAGNA SOUP | ONE POT RECIPES