TENDER PORK SPARE RIBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I saw a Celebrity Chef use this braising method for baby back ribs, so I decided to give it a try for pork spare ribs. I changed the seasonings and increased the cooking time and I have been very pleased with them every time. They're really tender and the meat is so flavorful that you don't have to add BBQ sauce unless you want to. My neighbor is the one who told me about the fajita seasoning, and she was right on!
Provided by Kerri Jaggers
Total Time 16 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the brown sugar, fajita seasoning, and paprika in a bowl. Rub both sides of the pork spareribs with the brown sugar mixture. Place the spareribs in a 9x13-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Whisk together the beer, garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a bowl. Set aside.
- Tear off 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and lay them shiny-side down. Place a rack of spareribs on each sheet, meaty-side up. Tear off 2 more sheets of foil and place them on top of the ribs, shiny-side up. Begin tightly folding the edges of the foil together to create a sealed packet. Just before sealing completely, divide the beer mixture evenly into each packet. Complete the seal. Place the packets side-by-side on an 11x14-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the ribs are very tender, 3 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours. Carefully open each packet, and drain the drippings into a saucepan. You may only need the drippings from one packet. Set ribs aside. Simmer the drippings over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Brush the thickened sauce over the ribs.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the ribs back into the oven and broil until the sauce is lightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 943.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.4 g, CholesterolContent 240.5 mg, FatContent 60.6 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 58.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 22.2 g, SodiumContent 701.5 mg, SugarContent 29.7 g
INSTANT DUTCH OVEN – CHINESE BBQ RIBS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Provided by Instant Brands Culinary Team
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pulse ginger and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped, 10 to 12 pulses, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer ginger-garlic mixture to the Cooking Vessel.
- Add honey, hoisin, soy sauce, ½ cup water, rice wine, five-spice powder, food coloring (if using) and pepper into the Cooking Vessel. Whisk until combined.
- Add the ribs and toss to coat (ribs will not be fully submerged).
- Select BRAISE. Set time to?1 hour 30?minutes?with the knob.?Press?START. Stir occasionally. ??
- Once the food cooking cycle is done, open the lid. Using tongs, transfer ribs to a large bowl. Strain braising liquid through a fine-mesh strainer set over a large container, press on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Let cooking liquid settle for 10 minutes. Using a wide shallow spoon to skim excess fat from the surface of the liquid.
- Clean the Cooking Vessel.
- Place the Cooking Vessel back to the Base. Return the braising liquid to the Cooking Vessel. Add the sesame oil and the ribs. Select SEAR/SAUTE and set the time to?30 minutes. Press START.?Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce becomes syrupy and reduces to 2 ½ cups, this will take about 12 to 15 minutes. Rotate the ribs from the bottom to the top and make sure all the ribs are coated with the sauce while cooking. Press CANCEL.
- Transfer ribs to serving platter. Serve.
More about "chinese spare ribs tips recipes"
RIBS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
FLORENCE'S FRIED SPARE RIBS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
- Stir together the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
CHINESE SPARE RIBS RECIPE WITH HOISIN SAUCE RECIPE
PORK SPARE RIB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
INSTANT POT SPARE RIBS - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
PORK RIBS - WIKIPEDIA
CHINESE FOOD & RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SMOKED BBQ PORK RIBS RECIPES FROM AMAZINGRIBS.COM