BAKED FIGS | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
This baked figs recipe is a festive favourite of mine – incredible on bruschetta with goat's cheese
Total Time 4 hours 5 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- You should have no problem getting nice figs at Christmas time and they’re wonderful to make in so many ways so when you see them, buy them up! Here’s one really gorgeous way to have them. I promise you won’t get bored of these; there are so many lovely ways of using them up.
- Personally, I like to make a sort of bruschetta with them or put them out on a platter with some nice cheese. As it’s Christmas and your kitchen is probably well-stocked, you’ll hopefully have the ingredients for the bruschetta on hand already. If not, you can always improvise with whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 110ºC/225ºF/gas ¼. Lay your figs, cut-side up, in a baking tray. Using a fine grater, zest your clementines over the figs then dust the figs with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar. My flavoured sugar is also great for this so if you’ve made a batch of that, feel free to use that instead.
- Pop the figs in the oven to bake for 4 hours, checking on them every hour or so. When they come out of the oven you’ll have semi-dehydrated figs, which will be a bit like wine gums.
- Fig bruschetta Get yourself a few slices of nice warm bread, crumble over some lumps of cheese, and a few pieces of walnut then put a few fig halves and a drizzle of runny honey over the top to finish it off. I think the combination of salty goat’s cheese with these figs and a bit of honey is absolute heaven.
- Figs in honey You’ll be able to put any leftover figs to good use in all sorts of ways. A really nice way of using them at Christmas is to turn them into a bit of a gift by popping a stack of them in a sterilised jar, covering them completely with honey then sealing the jar with an airtight lid. They’ll be beautiful as part of a cheese platter, baked in a tart, a sticky toffee pud, or even thrown into a roasting tray with some pork or other meat for a bit of added sweetness. Give them to your mates when you go round to theirs for dinner. They’ll love getting something unique, especially when you explain all the different things they can do with them.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, FatContent 6.8 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 8.3 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 31.4 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 10.0 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
Provided by Gina
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 piece, Calories 251 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 14 g, ProteinContent 31.5 g, FatContent 9.5 g, CholesterolContent 14 mg, FiberContent 1.5 g
More about "baked chicken halves recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN WITH LEMON RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 385 calories per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange lemon slices in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken over lemon slices. Mix spice blend ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN WITH MAYONNAISE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BAKED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST BAKED BONELESS BREADED CHICKEN BREASTS RECI…
PARMESAN BAKED POTATO HALVES | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
10 BEST BAKED STUFFED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUM…
10 BEST LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUM…
BUTTERMILK-BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
10 BEST LEFTOVER BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST SEASONING RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BAKED CHICKEN CUTLETS - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
BAKED BONE-IN CHICKEN BREAST (A STEP BY STEP GUIDE) I ...
CHICKEN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES