CHAR SIU (CHINESE BBQ PORK) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
"Char siu" literally means "fork roast" - "char" being "fork" (both noun and verb) and "siu" being "roast" - after the traditional cooking method for the dish: long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. This is best cooked over charcoal, but it's important to cook with indirect heat.
Provided by David&Andrea
Total Time 3 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut pork with the grain into strips 1 1/2- to 2-inches long; put into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Stir soy sauce, honey, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine, hoisin sauce, red food coloring or red bean curd (see Cook's Note), and Chinese five-spice powder together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until just combined and slightly warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the marinade into the bag with the pork, squeeze air from the bag, and seal. Turn bag a few times to coat all pork pieces in marinade.
- Marinate pork in refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove pork from marinade and shake to remove excess liquid. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook pork on preheated grill for 20 minutes. Put a small container of water onto the grill and continue cooking, turning the pork regularly, until cooked through, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 53.5 g, CholesterolContent 126.7 mg, FatContent 8.9 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 43.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, SodiumContent 2249.8 mg, SugarContent 48.3 g
AUTHENTIC CHINESE EGG ROLLS (FROM A CHINESE PERSON) RECIPE ...
My mom is the best cook ever and I am a picky eater. If I like this, then you will. This is very authentic because my family is Chinese and I am too. This recipe is at least 300 years old in the Ling family.
Provided by Mendy L
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 20 egg rolls
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Pour in beaten eggs and cook, without stirring, until firmed. Flip the eggs over and cook for an additional 20 seconds to firm the other side. Set egg pancake aside to cool, then slice into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir in cabbage and carrot; cook for 2 minutes to wilt. Add bamboo, mushroom, pork, green onions, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and MSG; continue cooking until the vegetables soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in sliced egg, then spread mixture out onto a pan, and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- To assemble the egg rolls, place a wrapper onto your work surface with one corner pointing towards you. Place about 3 tablespoons of cooled filling in a heap onto the bottom third of the wrapper. Brush a little beaten egg white onto the top two edges of the wrapper, then fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll firmly to the halfway point. Fold the left and right sides snugly over the egg roll, then continue rolling until the top corners seal the egg roll with the egg white. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers, covering finished egg rolls with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- Heat about 6-inches of oil in a wok or deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry egg rolls 3 or 4 at a time until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16 g, CholesterolContent 46.2 mg, FatContent 7.4 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 9.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 315.3 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
More about "authentic chinese bbq pork recipe recipes"
BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHINESE BBQ ... - INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Serve, passing remaining glaze as a dipping sauce.
CHAR SIU RECIPE (CHINESE BBQ PORK) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHINESE BBQ PORK BUNS (BAKED CHAR SIU BAO RECIPE) - THE ...
CHAR SIU (CHINESE BBQ PORK), RESTAURANT-STYLE - THE WOKS ...
AUTHENTIC CHINESE RECIPES - RED HOUSE SPICE
CHINESE BBQ PORK (CHAR SIU) WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS | EAT ...
EASY CHAR SIU (CHINESE BBQ PORK, ??) - RED HOUSE SPICE
LEE KUM KEE (UK) - AUTHENTIC CHINESE RECIPES | EASY TO ...
CHINESE STEAMED PORK BUNS | RECIPETIN EATS
CHINESE EGG ROLLS RECIPE WITH PORK - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHAR SIU - BEST CHAR SIU PORK RECIPE - RASA MALAYSIA
10 TASTY BBQ SAUCE RECIPES FOR PORK RIBS – PIT BOSS GRILLS
STICKY CHINESE BARBECUE PORK BELLY (CHAR SIU) - CAFE DELITES
CHINESE BBQ SAUCE (???) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK