SLOW COOKED LAMB LEG | AUSTRALIAN LAMB - RECIPES, COOKING ...
Prep Time 14 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts : Calories
BEST ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER LAMB RECIPES
A classic Sunday lunch, with no fuss and masses of flavour – perfect for Easter.
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 1 hour before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6 and place a roasting dish for the potatoes on the bottom.
- Break the garlic bulb up into cloves, then peel 3, leaving the rest whole. Pick and roughly chop half the rosemary leaves. Peel and halve the potatoes.
- Crush the peeled garlic into a bowl, add the chopped rosemary, finely grate in the lemon zest and drizzle in a good lug of oil, then mix together.
- Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the marinade and rub all over the meat. Place on the hot bars of the oven above the tray.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain and allow to steam dry. Gently toss the potatoes in the colander to scuff up the edges, then tip back into the pan.
- Add the remaining rosemary sprigs and whole garlic cloves to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over a good lug of oil. Tip the potatoes into the hot tray and place back under the lamb to catch all the lovely juices.
- Cook the lamb for 1 hour 15 minutes if you want it pink, or 1 hour 30 minutes if you like it more well done.
- Meanwhile, make the mint sauce. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves, then place in a small bowl. Mix in the sugar, a good pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of hot water and the vinegar.
- When the lamb is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes or so. Carve and serve with the roast potatoes, mint sauce and some seasonal greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 calories, FatContent 13.1 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 4.5 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 23.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 24.9 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 1.5 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.8 g salt, FiberContent 1.9 g fibre
More about "all leg of lamb recipes"
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | LAMB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Mexican-style lamb leg grilled with peppercorns, paprika and fennel, served with harissa yoghurt. Delicious!
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Calories 323 calories per serving
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Calories 323 calories per serving
- If you can, prepare your lamb the day before you want to cook it. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut down the lamb leg to expose the bone.
- Keeping your knife as close to the bone as possible, cut along one edge to completely reveal it.
- Cut right around the bone, then remove it.
- Lay the lamb flat on a chopping board, skin-side down. With your knife, make an incision halfway into the flesh on each side, where the meat is thicker, then open it out like a book.
- You should now have a flat piece of lamb of more or less even thickness.
- Soak your dried chillies in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan over a medium heat, dry-toast the black and pink peppercorns, fennel and coriander seeds for 30 seconds, until they begin to pop and smell delicious.
- Remove the softened chillies from the soaking water and transfer to a spice grinder or small food processor. Add the toasted spices and a splash of the soaking water, then blitz to a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the spice paste with the lemon zest, paprika, oil, vinegar and a pinch of sea salt. Pick in the oregano leaves, peel and crush in the garlic, then finely slice and stir through the chilli until combined. Add the butterflied lamb to the bowl and rub the marinade all over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you're ready to cook, so the lamb comes up to room temperature. Fire up your barbecue, then once hot, cook the meat for 40 to 45 minutes, or until medium-rare, turning it every 10 minutes or so.
- Transfer the lamb to a board and allow to rest for 15 minutes while you make your salad.
- Click off and combine the chicory leaves with the watercress and pomegranate seeds in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir the harissa through the yoghurt and season to taste.
- Slice the lamb on the board and halve the zested lemon. Serve the lamb on the board with the salad, yoghurt dressing and lemon halves on the side.
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
For large gatherings like Passover and Easter, leg of lamb is the roast of choice, and arranged on a platter garnished with herbs, it makes a stunning centerpiece. Buying leg of lamb butterflied from the butcher will leave you time to socialize while it is slow-roasting without worrying about uneven cooking.
10 BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-06-22 · Allrecipes has an extensive collection of stew recipes from many cultures and cuisines, and here we've rounded up 15 of our very best — from classic American beef stew to traditional Irish lamb stew, Italian cioppino, and Southern gumbo and jambalaya. Scroll through and you'll also find top-rated recipes for chicken stew, black bean stew, oyster stew, and more. Your next bowl of stew is ...
RECIPES | RECIPES FOR ALL OCCASIONS | BEEF + LAMB NEW ZEALAND
A roast leg of lamb has long been hailed as the ultimate Kiwi favourite, and this recipe requires zero fuss as the oven does the hard work. Infused with flavours of garlic and thyme and topped with a creamy meat sauce, you won't be disappointed. We served the lamb on a thick bed of thyme for that perfect festive touch. View Recipe
10 BEST LAMB LEG STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-01-02 · The Best Lamb Leg Steak Recipes on Yummly | Pan-fried Lamb Leg Steak With Rosemary, Lamb Leg Steak With Onions, Tomatoes And Feta, Lamb Leg Steak With Maple Chevre Shiitake Sauce . Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Pro Recipes Guided Recipes Smart Thermometer. Saved Recipes. New Collection. All Yums. Breakfasts. Desserts. Dinners. Drinks. Sides ...
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
Leg of lamb is making a comeback. For a special occasion or just for Sunday supper, feed a crowd with these foolproof lamb roasts.
ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2021-04-13 · Some recipes for a butterflied leg of lamb secure the meat with long skewers or kitchen twine, but we found that cooking the meat as-is also produces a lovely result without the extra work. If you decide to secure the meat, run 2 long metal skewers lengthwise and 2 crosswise, or roll and tie the meat at 1 1/2 inch intervals. This recipe makes spectacular leftovers for sandwiches, salads ...
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES - BBC FOOD
See all recipes using leg of lamb (48) Storage. Store in the fridge up to five days. Allow the meat to dry for an hour before cooking by wrapping it loosely in paper and storing it in the bottom ...