CUBAN PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I lived in Florida for a while and loved the pork I ate there, so I started making it for myself. The flavorful meat makes amazing Cuban sandwiches, but you can also use it in traditional pulled pork sandwiches or tacos. —Lacie Griffin, Austin, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 08 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 08 hours 00 minutes
Yield 16 sandwiches.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker, combine first 9 ingredients. Add pork; cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours. Remove roast; shred with 2 forks. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat in batches until lightly browned and crisp in spots. , Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise. If desired, spread mustard over cut sides of bread. Layer bottom halves of bread with pickles, pork, ham and cheese. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into 8 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619 calories, FatContent 31g fat (13g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 143mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1257mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 50g protein.
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Pork simmered in root beer makes all the difference. Topped with your favorite BBQ sauce, it's sure to bring rave reviews.
Provided by Livie's Mommy
Total Time 7 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.4 g, CholesterolContent 49.1 mg, FatContent 5 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 21.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 990.1 mg, SugarContent 21.3 g
More about "sides to go with pulled pork sandwiches recipes"
ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK - INSPIRED TASTE
Total Time 8 hours 30 minutes
Calories 404 per serving
- If using barbecue sauce, add it to the slow cooker and stir in the shredded pork. For even more flavor, add back some of the reserved cooking liquid. If you’re not using barbecue sauce, add the shredded pork and the cooking liquid back to the slow cooker. Taste and season with salt, additional vinegar, or hot sauce as needed.
BEST SPICY DR PEPPER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE - HOW ...
Total Time 6 hours 5 minutes
Category main dish, meat
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Peel the onion and cut it into wedges. Lay them in the bottom of a large dutch oven. Generously salt and pepper the pork roast, then set it on top of the onions in the pan. Pour the can of chipotle peppers over the pork (include the sauce.) Pour in both cans of Dr Pepper. Add brown sugar to the juice and stir in. Place lid tightly on pot, then set pot in the oven. Cook for at least six hours, turning roast two or three times during the cooking process. Check meat after six hours; it should be absolutely falling apart (use two forks to test.) If it's not falling apart, return to the oven for another hour. Remove meat from pot and place on a cutting board or other work surface. Use two forks to shred meat, discarding large pieces of fat. Strain as much of the fat off the top of the cooking liquid as you can and discard it. Return the shredded meat to the cooking liquid, and keep warm until ready to serve. (You can also refrigerate the meat and liquid separately, then remove hardened fat once it's cold. Then heat up the liquid on the stovetop and return the meat to the liquid to warm up.
Serve on warm flour tortillas or hamburger buns. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado slices, salsa, and whatever else you'd like.
BEST PULLED-PORK RECIPE OVEN - HOW TO MAKE PULLED PORK
Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
Category dairy-free, dinner party, picnic, tailgate, dinner, main dish, meat
Calories 634 calories per serving
- Make pork: Preheat oven to 300°. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin, then season with black pepper. Rub all over pork. (This can be done the night before.) In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add pork and sear on all sides. (Spices can burn quickly so don’t let it go for too long!) Pour beer around pork and cover with lid. Transfer to oven and cook until pork is beginning to turn tender, about 3 hours. Remove lid and cook until pork is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork, 1 to 2 hours more. Remove pork from Dutch oven and let rest while you prepare barbecue sauce. Make barbecue sauce: To the pan drippings in the Dutch oven, whisk in ketchup, apple cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Shred pork using two forks. Toss shredded meat with about half the barbecue sauce. Serve warm with buns and more barbecue sauce.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PULLED PORK SANDWICHES (17 TEMPTING SIDES)
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES - BIG GREEN EGG
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PULLED PORK SANDWICHES? 8 BEST SIDE ...
SLOW-COOKER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PULLED PORK: 15 PARTY-WORTHY SIDES ...
INSTANT POT BARBECUE PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | FOOD ...
EASY PULLED PORK RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
10 BEST LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES (WITH PICTURES)
15 TOP-RATED PULLED PORK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PULLED PORK RECIPE (SLOW COOKER METHOD) - COOKING CLASSY
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK RECIPE (EASY & TENDER ...
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PULLED PORK - 20 PERFECT SIDES! - PIP ...
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PULLED PORK » 15 PULLED PORK SIDES
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
INSTANT POT PULLED PORK - THE BEST BBQ PULLED PORK!