MONKFISH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Serve monkfish for a special occasion. This meaty fish can be wrapped in bacon for a dinner party main, pan-fried, or added to a curry or paella.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
MONKFISH IN LEMON BUTTER WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Very Simple Monkfish Recipe. I had something similar in Venice Italy. I have been searching forever for a monkfish recipe with no luck. In fact I became rather intimidated as most sites I found info on said Monkfish was difficult to prepare. So I made this one up Myself. My Husband & children loved it. The cooking and ingredient quantities are estimated as I just threw everything together & this was the 1st time I made this.
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cover broiling pan (at least 1/4" deep) with foil. Heat broiler to Low.
- Place Monkfish Fillets in pan & season with salt & pepper.
- Slice sticks of butter in 1/8" pieces & lay on top of fish.
- Sprinkle lemon & wine over fish.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley.
- Place in broiler for aprox. 15 to 30 min (I am not sure of the time as I was not paying that much attention to it). I just checked the fish every few minute & took out of oven when fish started to flake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.3, FatContent 37.1, SaturatedFatContent 22.4, CholesterolContent 134, SodiumContent 480.5, CarbohydrateContent 0.6, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 0.2, ProteinContent 25
More about "recipe for monk fish recipes"
MONKFISH FILLET RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER MONKFISH RECIPES
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 481 calories per serving
- In a pestle and mortar or Flavour Shaker, smash up 2 teaspoons of salt with the lemon zest and rosemary and rub this all over the fish fillets. Put the fillets in a dish in the fridge and let them sit there for an hour.
- Now make your black olive sauce by mixing all the ingredients except the vinegar together. You want the sauce to have the consistency of a coarse salsa. Then carefully balance the flavours with the vinegar to taste.
- If you’re roasting your monkfish, preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 just before the fish comes out of the fridge. Pat the fish dry with some kitchen paper and then pat it with a little olive oil.
- Peel and halve your potatoes. Put them into a pot of salted, boiling water and cook until tender. Then drain and mash up with 6 tablespoons of olive oil and a good swig of milk. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If you want to get your mash really smooth and creamy you can use a spatula to push the potato through a sieve once or twice. It doesn’t make it taste any better but it will make it silky smooth, shiny and lovely. Just depends if you can be bothered, really. If it needs thinning with a little extra milk, feel free.
- To roast the monkfish, heat a large ovenproof frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and fry the fillets in the pan for 2 minutes. Then turn them over and put the pan in your preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- To grill, place the the butterflied fillets on a hot griddle pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Whichever way you cook it serve the fish and the juices with a good dollop of the mashed potato, the black olive sauce and a little rocket dressed with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Really, really good.
ROASTED MONKFISH RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Seafood Recipes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the compote among 4 dinner plates, arrange a piece of the monkfish over the compote, and serve.
MONKFISH FILLETS DIJON STYLE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 255 per serving
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Baste the fillets and return to the oven. Continue baking about 5 minutes. Swirl the butter in the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
EASY MONKFISH RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
10 BEST MONKFISH FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED MONKFISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY MONKFISH RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
"POOR MAN'S LOBSTER" – MONKFISH WITH HERB BROWN BUTTER ...
MONKFISH RECIPES - COOKING MONKFISH
10 MONKFISH RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HOW TO COOK MONKFISH: TIPS AND EASY LEMON GARLIC MONKFISH ...
MONKFISH RECIPES - COOKING MONKFISH
HOW TO COOK MONKFISH | GRILLED SEAFOOD RECIPES: SHRIMP ...
MONKFISH WITH PEPPERS, TOMATOES AND BEANS RECIPE - GREAT ...
34 EASY AND TASTY MONKFISH RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
MONKFISH RECIPE - CATALAN MONKFISH WITH ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE
MAKING THE POOR MAN’S LOBSTER: HOW TO COOK MONKFISH TO ...
MONKFISH RECIPES - BBC FOOD
ROASTED MONKFISH TAIL RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET