More about "lobster fondue recipes recipes"
LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
This bisque is the best chance for a home cook to shine. Adapted from the recipe of the Carlyle’s executive chef, James Sakatos, it contains one of the great kitchen cheats of all time: a method for imparting rich creaminess that in a lesser establishment would come from a roux of butter and flour or a handful of cornstarch. You may end up using it all the time.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Total Time 2 hours 45 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Fill a large pot with 1/2 inch of water. Stir in 2 teaspoons kosher salt and bring the water to a boil. Add the lobsters, cover with a tight-fitting lid and return the water to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a gentle boil and cook the lobsters until they are bright red, about 12 minutes. Remove the lobsters, reserving the liquid. When the lobsters have cooled slightly, place them in a bowl and remove the meat from the claws and tail, again reserving any liquid that comes out of the shells. Chop the meat and refrigerate. Roughly chop the shells into small pieces and reserve, along with all the lobster remains.
- Swirl the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add the vegetables and herbs. Sweat until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes, then increase the heat to medium-high and add the lobster shells and remains. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sherry, then ignite or cook until the alcohol has evaporated. Add fish stock and 1 cup of the lobster-cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 1 hour.
- Strain the broth through a colander, pressing down hard on the solids to extrude as much liquid as possible. Wipe out the pot and pour in the broth. Add the rice and cook for at least 30 minutes, or until the grains are cooked to extreme softness.
- Blend the bisque in a food processor or blender, then pass through a fine sieve, again pressing down hard on what solids remain. Add the cream and bring to a low simmer. Add the chopped lobster meat, let it heat through, then season to taste with salt and cayenne.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFatContent 14 grams, CarbohydrateContent 31 grams, FatContent 31 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 19 grams, SaturatedFatContent 15 grams, SodiumContent 890 milligrams, SugarContent 5 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
PAPPADEAUX SEAFOOD KITCHEN SEAFOOD FONDUE RECIPE - SECR…
TOP 100 SEAFOOD RECIPES - FOOD.COM
40 + SLOW COOKER SNACKS, DIPS AND APPETIZER RECIPES
CASSOULET | RICARDO
VANILLA CAKE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
CASSOULET | RICARDO
RED LOBSTER ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - COPYKAT RECIPES
CHEESE FONDUE | RICARDO
COPYCAT RED LOBSTER'S PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE ...
35 EVAPORATED MILK RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEST MEATS FOR FONDUE: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE IN 2022
CARROT MUFFINS | RICARDO