SWEET CORN TOMALITO | ALLRECIPES
Steamed corn pudding made on the stovetop. This is a traditional Tex-Mex side dish that is a great side to any meal. Well worth the wait.
Provided by THEKIRKLANDS
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Corn Corn Pudding Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine, masa flour, and sugar until light and fluffy. In a food processor or blender, blend one cup of the corn kernels with the water and cornmeal just until smooth. Stir into the masa mixture. Mix in the remaining corn, baking powder, salt, and milk until the batter is smooth. Pour into a double boiler.
- Place the tomalito over a large saucepan of simmering water, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Steam for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Check water occasionally, and refill if necessary. Stir pudding before serving to give it a consistent texture. Serve in small scoops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.6 g, FatContent 7.2 g, FiberContent 1.8 g, ProteinContent 2.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2 g, SodiumContent 269.9 mg, SugarContent 9.9 g
SWEET CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is always requested over and over again. I love it and I don't really like corn. My best friend made this once and convinced me to try it, now it's a tradition to make for all holidays.
Provided by EARTHLYCHARM
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Corn
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Stir whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, sugar, egg, and about 3/4 of the melted butter together in a casserole dish. Fold about half the crushed crackers into the corn mixture. Sprinkle remaining crushed crackers over the top of the mixture and drizzle with the remaining butter.
- Bake in preheated oven until beginning to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 83.4 g, CholesterolContent 47.6 mg, FatContent 19.9 g, FiberContent 3.1 g, ProteinContent 6.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.3 g, SodiumContent 847.7 mg, SugarContent 40.4 g
More about "how to season sweet corn recipes"
CHICKEN, SWEET POTATO, AND CORN SLOW-COOKER CHOWDER RECIPE ...
Total Time 4 hours 55 minutes
- Whisk together cream and cornstarch in a bowl until smooth; stir into soup. Cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in chicken and parsley. Top with hot sauce and chives.
8 MOUTHWATERING, QUICK AND EASY SWEET CORN RECIPES TO TRY ...
9 BEST BABY CORN RECIPES | EASY BABY CORN RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
35 BEST CORN RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL ...
OUR 21 BEST CORN CASSEROLE RECIPES | CORN PUDDING, SPOON ...
10 CORN CASSEROLE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SWEET CORN SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES, CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES
20+ EASY AND TASTY THANKSGIVING CORN RECIPES | MYRECIPES