TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe always goes over big with my family. The chicken thighs turn out just right, every time. —Gigi Miller, Stoughton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 04 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender., Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and, if desired, rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342 calories, FatContent 12g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 113mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 958mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 33g protein.
TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI - TERIYAKI SAUCE RECIPE ...
Faster than takeout, delicious Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli stir fry. The Teriyaki Sauce recipe needs easy to find pantry ingredients and just 10 mins of prep. It is a takeout dinner that you can prepare at home faster and better than favorite restaurant. Especially since my teriyaki sauce recipe uses pantry ingredients.. You don't need market trip to enjoy this bowl of Teriyaki and Rice tonight!
Let's cook some Chicken Teriyaki!
Teriyaki Chicken is derived from words "teri" means shine and "yaki" means broil. No wonder, all Teriyaki Chicken dishes shine and glisten with caramelized pan-seared or grilled chicken, slathered in sweet and savory Teriyaki Sauce.
I did not grow up eating Teriyaki but since long we have loved everything Teriyaki :). By-far, these simple dishes are more common in our home than some other elaborate Indian foods. Specially because stir-fries come together quickly, make a delicious lunch or quick dinner option, and above all these feed my love of making all restaurant favorites at home.
About the Teriyaki Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce is the heart of a good Teriyaki Chicken recipe.
The Teriyaki Chicken recipe I'm sharing today is what we've been eating in US restaurants from many years. It is a western version of Teriyaki Chicken with touch of garlic, low-sodium soy sauce and with healthy touch of vegetables such crunchy broccoli and/or bell peppers.
Teriyaki Chicken and Sauce Ingredients
To make authentic Japanese teriyaki sauce from scratch, you need two special ingredients - Mirin and Sake. Mirin is Japanese Cooking Wine which is slightly sweet. Sake is alcoholic beverage made with ferment rice. Sake is not a wine, it is a beer.
Over the years cooking Teriyaki for family, I have learned to substitute Sake and Mirin with right portions of easy-to-find pantry ingredients. This saves me a Asian Market Trip whenever when I'm cooking teriyaki at moment's notice.
Quick and economical as well! Did you know, a 250ml bottle of good quality Mirin costs $9+.
TIP: Teriyaki Sauce recipe doubles easily. Make extra to server over rice!
Note: If you want to make Teriyaki Chicken in authentic Japanese style, I have listed ingredient substitutes, Sake and Mirin and few more changes, in Recipe Card notes.
Prepare Chicken for Teriyaki Chicken
Since Teriyaki Chicken is a simple recipe.. it is very important to use right type and cut of chicken. I prefer to use skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed. Chicken Thighs stay moist and juicy when exposed to high cooking heat such as of an Asian wok or grill. You can use cubed Chicken Breast but it dries out very quickly.
However, you can use same sauce and pan-sear full chicken breasts. Make sure chicken breast are full cooked. Ensure fully cooked chicken by checking the internal temperature on thickest part of the breast to register 175 degrees Fahrenheit. If using halved (butterflied) chicken breast, pound it to even the thickness for even cooking (no dry edges).
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken?
Teriyaki Chicken is also my favorite because you don't need to marinate the chicken. Everything is quick. Chicken cooks in sauce and picks up so much flavor. It's the best! Juicy, moist and delicious without marinade. In my home, this makes it our favorite quick weeknight dinner.
I make Teriyaki Chicken in 4 simple steps:
- Mix the Teriyaki Sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Dice chicken.
- Heat wok, sauté chicken with garlic and seasonings.
- Add Teriyaki Sauce mix and simmer until sauce thickens. Sauce will be thick and glistening, and chicken fully cooked.
- Mix in broccoli. Either slightly steamed or cover with chicken for 1 minute for a steam bath.
That's it! Teriyaki Chicken is ready to hit the dinner table. Boil some rice on the side while cooking stir-fry for a complete meal in about 20 minutes.
What to serve with Teriyaki Chicken?
Broccoli and Rice are our all time favorite sides with Teriyaki Chicken. I often also serve following as side dishes with Teriyaki:
- Noodles - Lightly tossed with sesame oil. You can also serve Soba Noodles Mushroom Stir Fry Noodles on the side from my Teriyaki Salmon with Noodles recipe. Or Ramen Noodles with Peanut Dressing also works well.
- Rice - Boiled or Steamed. Use Brown Rice for more fiber-rich rice.
- Vegetable Salad - A lite salad complements the sweet and savory Teriyaki Chicken. I recommend Asian Cucumber Salad.
- Vegetable Stir Fry - Try these Cauliflower Kimchi Fried Rice for healthy meal at home!
I'm certain you have all ingredients you need in pantry. Delicious Teriyaki Chicken, better and faster than a takeout. Make some today and enjoy.
Stay Safe and Happy Cooking! -Savita
Provided by Savita
Categories Main Course Dinner Lunch
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 3 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Grate garlic and ginger. Mix the Teriyaki Sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside. Dice the chicken into 1-2 inch, bite size, pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or heavy-bottom medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add cooking oil, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Fry until garlic is fragrant, just 20-30 seconds. (Don't let garlic burn.) Add diced chicken, salt and stir-fry chicken until chicken is no longer pink. About 2-3 minutes. Scoop chicken and garlic from the wok into a plate. Wipe clean the excess oil from wok.
- In now empty wok (heat on), add all of the Teriyaki sauce mixed in Step 1. Add chicken back to the wok, stirring occasionally, cook chicken and sauce on medium-high heat until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked. About 4-5 minutes. Add frozen broccoli florets. Cover and simmer 30 seconds to 1 minute or until broccoli is tender to your liking. Mix in black pepper. Take wok off heat.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Serve while still hot with Jasmine rice. Pour remaining thickened teriyaki sauce over the chicken and rice. Garnish with diced scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444 calories
More about "grilled chicken teriyaki recipe recipes"
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 203 calories per serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. , Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-8 minutes on each side.
CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 30 minutes
Cuisine asian, japanese
Calories 459 per serving
- Preheat a broiler or grill. Lightly brush chicken pieces on all sides with sauce, and broil or grill about 3 minutes per side. While chicken is cooking, place sauce over high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a bare simmer, adding water a bit at a time to keep mixture at a pourable consistency. To serve, slice chicken into strips, arrange on plates, and drizzle with sauce.
EASY GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKI | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Grill for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. (This could take even less time depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.)
GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKI | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Preheat grill to medium high and lightly oil the grate. Remove chicken from bag (discard the marinade) and grill 8 minutes on each side or until done.
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE - (MANDARIN TERIYAKI ...
Total Time 18 minutes
Category Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine American, Asian, Chinese
Calories 240 kcal per serving
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN - RECIPES - FAXO
Calories 295 cal per serving
- Combine the red wine vinegar, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, and garlic into a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, preferable longer, so the chicken really absorbs the flavor of the teriyaki and other ingredients. Turn the chicken breasts occasionally while in the marinade so they get well coated with all the juices. Remove the marinade from the fridge and set aside. Heat the BBQ plate or grill which you have lightly oiled. Cook the chicken on one side for 15 minutes brushing the meat with the marinade occassionally. Turn the chicken breasts and continue to cook for 20 minutes or so, until the chicken is tender and the juices are running clear. Allow the chicken to cool down for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the teriyaki chicken with some green like steamed snow peas and rice.
SIMPLE TERIYAKI SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED ASIAN CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TOP 9 GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES
SMOKED AND GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASI…
CHICKEN TERIYAKI チキン照り焼き - JUST ONE COOKBOOK
44 HEALTHY CHICKEN RECIPE IDEAS | BEST HEALTHY CHICKEN ...
GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKI - COOKSTR.COM
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPES
5 STAR GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE (SIMPLE INGREDIENTS)
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN - BUNS IN MY OVEN
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN (+THE BEST TERIYAKI SAUCE) | CHEW ...
TERIYAKI GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE - GROUP RECIPES
TERIYAKI CHICKEN PINEAPPLE SKEWERS RECIPE | THE TABLE BY ...