PORK CHOPS WITH BAKED APPLES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the parsnips, turnip and onion with the olive oil, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the apples on top, cut-side up; brush with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and season with pepper. Roast until the vegetables and apples soften, 20 minutes. Switch the oven to broil; broil until the vegetables are golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons preserves, 1/2 cup water, the Worcestershire sauce and sage in a large bowl; season with pepper. Pierce the pork all over with a fork; add to the bowl. Marinate 10 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade); arrange on a wire rack set on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Broil until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat until thickened, 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter. Drizzle over the pork; serve with the vegetables and apples.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calorie, FatContent 17 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CholesterolContent 125 milligrams, SodiumContent 280 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 39 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 39 grams
EASY APPLE TURNOVERS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Apple pie fans will love this easy twist on the classic in turnover form! Made with Pillsbury™ pie crust and fresh apples, every bite delivers on the flavors you enjoy in a novel way.
Provided by Pillsbury Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix apples, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the water and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- In small bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and salt. Gradually stir into apple mixture, cooking and stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Let pie crust pouch stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll crust on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon cooled fruit mixture evenly onto half of crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over edge of crust. Fold untopped half of crust over apple mixture; firmly press edge to seal. Flute edge; cut small slits in several places in top crust. Brush top with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350 , CarbohydrateContent 48 g, CholesterolContent 65 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 450 mg, SugarContent 21 g, TransFatContent 0 g
YOUR GUIDE TO THE BEST APPLES FOR BAKING AND COOKING ...
Aug 19, 2021 · Even though some apples are better suited for certain kinds of recipes than others, you don't have to limit yourself to using just one kind of apple when you're cooking or baking. Many cooks like to use a mixture of apples …
PORK LOIN, APPLES, AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Enter strawberry soup, the simple, sweet-tart summer refresher. Made with a handful of ingredients and hardly any cooking, strawberry soup is a delicious and easy way to cool down. Scroll through our best strawberry soup recipes …
PALEO DINNERS: 26 EASY RECIPES FOR WEEKNIGHTS | COOKING LIGHT
Jan 04, 2017 · Sautéed apples add a hint of sweetness and delightfully smooth texture to this hearty paleo pork dish. If you don't have access to Honeycrisp apples, use a pink lady, gala, or jazz …
THE BEST APPLES FOR APPLESAUCE: 25 EXCELLENT SAUC…
Mar 13, 2022 · The best apples for applesauce are freshly-picked juicy varieties with smooth, fine flesh that cooks quickly. Popular varieties like Golden Delicious, Fuji, Honeycrisp, McIntosh, Pink Lady, and Gala are known for making excellent applesauce. Gourmet applesauce recipes …
APPLES, PEARS, RHUBARB | SHOP ONLINE | SAINSBURY'S
Browse our apples, pears, rhubarb range at Sainsbury's. Choose a convenient home delivery slot and collect Nectar …
10 BEST EASY DESSERT WITH APPLE PIE FILLING RECIPES - YUMMLY
Apr 07, 2022 · gala apples, salt, water, ground nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch and 2 more Easy Apple Crisp Hellmann's quick-cooking oats, chopped walnuts, firmly packed brown sugar and 3 more
IMMERSED IN COOKING | FOOD & COOKING | ROANOKE.COM
Place apples in a large slow cooker. In a medium-sized bowl stir together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cloves until well-combined. Pour sugar mixture over apple pieces and stir until ...
SLOW COOKER PORK AND SAUERKRAUT WITH APPLES RECIPE ...
However, the chops turned out so tender the meat was practically falling off the bone :) I used 1 honeycrisp and 1 gala apple and that did a good job of cutting down on the acidity of the sauerkraut. However, next time I think I'm going to use more fennel and use 3 apples …
ASHKENAZI APPLE AND WALNUT CHAROSET RECIPE
Apr 07, 2022 · (Note that grated apples will take on more of the flavor of the wine and cinnamon than chopped apples). You can use any multipurpose apple (or a mix of varieties) to make charoset. Crunchy sweet-tart apples–such as Gala…