COCONUT LIME RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I was bored one night and thought that coconut lime rice sounded good, so I made my own recipe. I was very much surprised! This wonderful rice will make your toes curl! Toss the cooked rice with diced mango and chopped cilantro.
Provided by Karmabelle
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear; drain. Heat coconut oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir rice and coconut flakes for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, then add the coconut milk, chicken broth, salt and lime zest. Bring to a low boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 85.4 g, CholesterolContent 5.4 mg, FatContent 36.9 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 10 g, SaturatedFatContent 31.7 g, SodiumContent 56.3 mg, SugarContent 4.2 g
COCONUT CURRY CHICKPEAS WITH PUMPKIN AND LIME RECIPE - NYT ...
Canned pumpkin purée and coconut milk, heavily seasoned with curry spices and lots of fresh lime juice, make a sweet-sharp sauce for chickpeas. It’s a rich, creamy curry that you can eat on its own, or serve over rice or couscous. If you want to incorporate more vegetables, stir in some spinach, baby kale or sliced green beans during the last few minutes of cooking, letting them soften in the sauce.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, jalapeño and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden on the edges, about 8 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in garam masala, cumin and turmeric; cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in chickpeas, coconut milk, pumpkin, 1/2 cup water and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to let the flavors meld. (Add more water if it starts to look too thick.) Stir in cilantro and lime juice to taste. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve over rice or couscous if you like, and top with more cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
More about "coconut lime recipes"
LIME-IN-THE-COCONUT ALMOND BARK RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 143 calories per serving
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Stir in the coconut, almonds and lime zest. Spread into prepared pan. Chill until firm, 10-15 minutes. , Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
THE BEST COCONUT CANDY RECIPES
COCONUT MILK CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO LIME - LITTLE BROKEN
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30 EASY COCONUT MILK RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
LIME AND COCONUT MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
50 BEST COCONUT MILK RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
COCONUT LIME BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD ...