DOWN-HOME CHICKEN N GREENS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Chicken breasts and Southern-style greens make a dinner that's low in fat while rich in vitamins A and C.
Provided by Better Homes & Gardens
Categories Recipes and Cooking
Total Time 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Lightly coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook until chicken is brown, turning once. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine broth, garlic, crushed red pepper, and the 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in greens; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 9 to 12 minutes or just until greens are tender, stirring once or twice.
- To serve, divide the greens and their juices between 2 dinner plates. Cut chicken diagonally into slices; arrange chicken slices on top of greens. Drizzle the chicken with balsamic vinegar and if desired, garnish with sweet pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9 g, CholesterolContent 66 mg, FatContent 2 g, ProteinContent 30 g, SodiumContent 265 mg
ASIAN GREENS WITH CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Easy weeknight recipe with plenty of room for variation: use chicken or fish, bok choi, tat soi, choy sum, mustard greens, or turnip greens. It's made with things I normally have on hand (greens, onions tomatoes, cheese, frozen protein, couscous or rice) and cooks up in a jiffy. Feels like a real treat!
Provided by Utopienne
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions in hot oil until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Place chicken in skillet and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until chicken is browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken and season with garlic salt and black pepper on the other side. Transfer chicken and onions to a cutting board and chop chicken.
- Stir bok choy into the same skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook until greens are slightly tender, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat. Stir couscous spice packet contents and 1 tablespoon olive oil into water; add couscous. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Spoon couscous onto plates, top with greens, onions, and chicken, respectively, and sprinkle tomatoes and Mizithra cheese over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 66.6 g, CholesterolContent 49.9 mg, FatContent 18.9 g, FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 30.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 1065.4 mg, SugarContent 4.7 g
More about "chicken and greens diet recipes"
CHICKEN PICCATA WITH GARLICKY GREENS & NEW POTATOES RECIPE ...
Total Time 20 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Calories 393 calories per serving
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in another frying pan and fry the garlic for 1 min until lightly golden and fragrant. Tip in the drained greens, and toss in the garlicky oil. Season, then scatter over the parmesan and serve with the chicken and potatoes.
QUICK-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GREENS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 40 minutes
- Add the broth, chicken, greens and pickled-pepper brine. Season with salt and stir to combine. Cover the pot, keep on medium-high and bring to a simmer. Uncover, reduce heat to low, and cook uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the greens are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Using two forks, shred the chicken right in the pot into pieces, then stir to combine. Taste and adjust with salt, sugar (if it’s too tangy or spicy) and brine (if it’s too sweet or flat). Eat with starch of choice.
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN SALAD WITH GREENS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Quick & Easy Low-Calorie Chicken Recipes
Calories 324.3 calories per serving
- Combine pesto, mayonnaise and onion in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens and tomatoes and toss to coat. Divide the green salad among 4 plates and top with the chicken salad.
CHICKEN AND GREENS WITH WINE AND BACON - THE WEARY CHEF
MEDITERRANEAN SKILLET CHICKEN WITH GREENS · SEASONAL CRAVINGS
LEMON CHICKEN WITH SAUTEED GREENS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
OPTAVIA LEAN AND GREEN RECIPES CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ...
DIET ON CHICKEN BREAST AND VEGETABLES: MENU AND RESULTS ...
CHICKEN | LEAN AND GREEN RECIPES
CHICKEN DHAL AND HERBED GREENS - TOTAL WELLBEING DIET
10 BEST MEAT AND GREEN VEGETABLE DIET RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPRING CHICKEN TRAY BAKE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
GREENS RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
GREENS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LEAN AND GREEN OPTAVIA CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SHEET PAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES- DAVITA
60+ BEST MEDITERRANEAN DIET RECIPES - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
KETO CHICKEN NUGGETS, GREEN BEAN FRIES & DIP - RECIPE ...
WHOLE CHICKEN - IFOODREAL.COM
BEST CANNED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE