HORSERADISH DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Season with salt, paprika, garlic salt and minced onion. Mix and then chill for about 20 minutes to let the flavors blend before you start dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.7 g, CholesterolContent 12.6 mg, FatContent 6.1 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.8 g, SodiumContent 47.5 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g
GRILLED ARCTIC CHAR WITH HORSERADISH CREMA RECIPE - NYT ...
This recipe, from the chef Nick Anderer of Marta in Manhattan, pairs simply seasoned arctic char fillets (feel free to use salmon instead) with a bright, delicious crema with lemon and spicy horseradish. Make sure your grill grates are both clean and very hot before you put down the fish; that will help keep your fish from sticking. You'll also want a large grill spatula for flipping (not tongs) to get under the fish and help you carefully flip the fillets and keep them intact.
Provided by Jeff Gordinier
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make the horseradish crema: Peel horseradish with a vegetable peeler and coarsely grate. Combine grated horseradish with sour cream, Dijon, chives and dill in a medium bowl and mix well. Season crema with lemon juice and salt to taste. (Crema can be made in advance; chill until you are ready to serve.)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat if you are using gas; if you have a charcoal grill, you want a nice hot bed of coals.
- Coat fish well with olive oil and season with salt. Set fish on the grill skin side down and cook, covered, until the flesh of the fish begins to turn opaque and the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a grill spatula to carefully flip the fish and finish cooking to medium, about 2 minutes more.
- Spread horseradish crema on a serving platter or individual plates and place cooked fish on top with the skin side up. Garnish with dill and lemon wedges. Serve extra crema on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 578, UnsaturatedFatContent 22 grams, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams, FatContent 44 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 37 grams, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams, SodiumContent 711 milligrams, SugarContent 6 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
More about "substitute horseradish recipes"
PREPARED HORSERADISH RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 20 minutes
Cuisine american, jewish
Calories 120 per serving
- Transfer the horseradish to a quart-size jar. Add the vinegar and 1 cup cold water until horseradish is almost covered, adding more water if needed to cover. Stir in the salt, seal and refrigerate until serving. The prepared horseradish will last up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
HOLIDAY BEEF TENDERLOIN & MUSHROOMS WITH HORSERADISH CREAM
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.Place the tenderloin onto your cutting board and brush all over with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, rosemary, grated garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle on top of the meat, pressing the mixture gently into the mustard.Place the mushrooms into the bottom of the roasting pan with the shallots and whole garlic cloves. Coat with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the tenderloin to the roasting pan and place into the oven to roast. After 20 minutes, add in the red wine and the beef stock and cook for an additional 20 minute until a meat thermometer in the center of the tenderloin reads 125 degrees F for medium rare. Remove from the oven and let rest before slicing.In a medium bowl, combine the horseradish, crème fraiche, lemon juice and chives. Slice the beef and plate with the mushrooms and shallots. Top with a dollop of the horseradish cream.
RECIPES WITH HORSERADISH | COOKING LIGHT
HORSERADISH SAUCE FOR STEAK, PRIME RIB, AND MORE ...
6 HEAVENLY LEFTOVER STEAK RECIPES • THE WICKED NOODLE
HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR DRY MUSTARD – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
SUBSTITUTE FOR DIJON MUSTARD – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
THE VERY BEST CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
SOUS VIDE FILET MIGNON WITH HORSERADISH BUTTER RECIPE ...
HORSERADISH COCKTAIL SAUCE RECIPE - SAVORY THOUGHTS
GUIDE TO SPICE SUBSTITUTIONS - THE SPRUCE EATS
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS | MYRECIPES
13 BEST TAPIOCA STARCH SUBSTITUTE & ALTERNATIVES - BAKE IT ...
DIJON MUSTARD SUBSTITUTE: 6 GREAT SWAPS - PUREWOW
17 JACKFRUIT RECIPES THAT TASTE BETTER THAN MEAT!
POTATO STARCH SUBSTITUTE (14 BEST ALTERNATIVES!) - BAKE IT ...
CRÈME FRAÎCHE RECIPES - BBC FOOD