PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Lay out several sheets of foil to spoon the hot peanut brittle onto.
- In a large skillet mix the sugar, syrup, and water together. Cook at a medium-high heat, stirring regularly. Heat until the mixture has a hard ball consistency. Heat to 250 to 265 degrees F (121 to 129 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball. If you don't own a candy thermometer, occasionally hold spoon above mixture, allowing it to drip off spoon. When mixture is at hard ball stage, it will 'hair' off the spoon when falling, looking like a clear spider web.
- Once mixture is at hard ball consistency, add raw peanuts. (They will pop a little.) When mixture starts to turn a light clear-brown, as if it's starting to burn, remove from stove. Add soda and stir. Mixture will foam up.
- Spoon out bite-size pieces onto unbuttered foil, stirring constantly between each couple of pieces. Mixture can also be poured onto unbuttered foil as one big piece and broken into smaller pieces once cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.3 g, FatContent 4.8 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 2.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g, SodiumContent 92.8 mg, SugarContent 16.2 g
BEST PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE WITHOUT CORN SYRUP – COOK TIL YUMMY
Provided by Alana
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare all the ingredients before starting with anything. I find this very important because every second counts in making the caramel. It’s very easy to mess the hot sugar up, so you got to have everything in handy and ready for the next process to ensure you don’t burn your mixture. This means all ingredients should already be measured and placed in bowls near you. The baking sheet should already be greased as well.
- Combine sugar, water, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat without stirring.
- Once the color of the sugar starts to change around the edge, turn down the heat to medium.
- Gently swirl the pan around to incorporate the caramelized sugar until the color turns to dark amber.
- After all the sugar is incorporated, take the pan off the heat and quickly add in the butter, vanilla, and baking soda. Stir continuously until the mixture becomes glossy.
- Stir in the nuts quickly and pour the mixture onto the greased baking sheet. You don’t have to worry about spreading it out evenly. Just pour the mixture in the middle, swirl the baking sheet around, and the hot mixture will spread by itself.
- After the mixture spreads on its own, flatten the parts where the nuts are in huge clumps.
- Let the peanut brittle cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once the brittle is ready, crack the brittle to pieces. Store in an airtight container.
More about "peanut brittle without nuts recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Dessert & Treats Recipes
- As soon as candy is cool enough to handle, use your fingers to stretch the brittle as thinly as possible over the baking pan. Allow the brittle to cool completely, about 45 minutes, then break into bite-size pieces.
PEANUT CLUSTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 213 calories per serving
- In a microwave, melt candy coatings, stirring often until blended. Stir in the peanuts until coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until serving.
PECAN BRITTLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 136 calories per serving
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. , In a 2-qt. microwave-safe glass dish, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). , Add pecans. Microwave for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Mixture will be very hot. Vigorously stir in the baking soda, vanilla and remaining butter until blended. , Quickly pour into prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula as thin as possible. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
ALMOND BRITTLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 142 calories per serving
- Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Combine sugar and syrup in a 2-quart glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes (sugar mixture will be clear and bubbly). Stir in almonds. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until mixture is a light caramel color, stirring every minute. Stir in butter, vanilla, and salt. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture is the color of peanut butter. Add baking soda, and stir until texture is foamy. Quickly pour mixture onto prepared pan. Spread to 1/4-inch thickness. Let stand 30 minutes. Break brittle into pieces, and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
MOM'S BEST PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PEANUT BRITTLE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE (NO CANDY THERMOMETER ...
PEANUT BRITTLE - BEST OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE
GRANDMA'S PEANUT BRITTLE - A DASH OF SANITY
MOM'S BEST PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - REAL LIFE DINNER
MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - BALANCINGMOTHERHOOD.COM
EASY PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - HUNDREDS OF EASY RECIPES!
GRANDMA'S PEANUT BRITTLE - WYSE GUIDE
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PEANUT BRITTLE - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA
THE PEANUT PATCH – PUTTING THE YUM IN YUMA FOR OVER 30 YEARS!
VIRGINIA PEANUTS | SHOP ONLINE | VIRGINIA PEANUT COMPANY ...