CREAMY BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
A smooth, delicate cream sauce gives a special taste to these tender chicken breasts accompanied by pearl onions and sauteed mushrooms. This dish is so rich-tasting, you'll want to serve it to company. —Margaret Haugh Heilman, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside. In the same pan, saute sliced onion, carrot and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove vegetables; set aside., Add chicken to pan; brown on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Add wine; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in broth and seasonings. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. , Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to pan. Remove from the heat; cover and set aside., In a nonstick skillet, saute pearl onions in remaining butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute mushrooms until tender. Add the onions and mushrooms to serving platter. Discard bay leaf from sauce; spoon over chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, FatContent 6g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 72mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 647mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 27g protein. Diabetic exchanges 3 lean meat
EMERIL'S BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
"When I'm preparing this dish, it's all I can do to wait until it's finished simmering to get a taste of the awesome gravy. You've simply gotta cook some rice to eat with this, no doubt about it." Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, "Emeril 20-40-60 Fresh Food Fast".
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Chicken Thigh Recipes
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season the chicken all over with the Essence and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place the 1/2 cup flour in a small bowl, and quickly dredge both sides of each thigh in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a 10- to 12-inch flameproof casserole or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, and when it has melted, place the chicken, skin side down, in the pan. Brown for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the pan, and when it has melted, add the onions, garlic, thyme bundle or rosemary sprigs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon then whisk in the chicken stock and increase the heat to high. Return the chicken, skin side down, to the pan, and bring the stock to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan with a heavy, tight-fitting lid, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, stir the bottom of the pan to prevent scorching, and turn the chicken skin side up. Cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Stir the bottom of the pan a final time, re-cover, and simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard the herb bundle or rosemary sprigs. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Add the parsley to the sauce, stir to combine, and then spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with steamed white rice.
More about "braising sauce for chicken recipes"
BRAISED RANCHERO CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 4 hours 35 minutes
- Serve the chicken on the tostada shells and top with avocado and queso fresco.
HEARTY BRAISED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE - DAISY MARTINEZ | FOOD ...
Total Time 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the garlic cloves with the onion and cilantro leaves. Add the garlic and onion puree to the mushrooms and cook over moderate heat until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce. Return the chicken legs to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer the sauce until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season the braised chicken legs with salt and pepper, transfer them to plates and serve with the sauce.
SOY AND CIDER BRAISED CHICKEN | LE CREUSET® OFFICIAL SITE
2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
5 shallots or 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
1 jalapeno, sliced
5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 12-ounce can dry cider
1/2 cup Momofuku Soy Sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 pound white sweet potatoes
1 lemon, zested and sliced
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS RECIPE - NYT ...
Total Time 1 hours
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Pluck the rosemary sprigs from the pot. If the sauce looks thin, turn the heat to medium-high and let simmer until it thickens slightly, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining grated garlic, the crème fraîche, chives and lemon zest. Taste sauce and add more salt if needed. Spoon sauce over the chicken and top with parsley, more lemon zest and a dollop of crème fraîche, if you like, and serve.
BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST CHINESE BRAISED SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
52 BRAISING RECIPES FOR SHORT RIBS, CHICKEN, AND MORE ...
NEW BRAISED CHICKEN IN SAUCE - 1 AMAZING
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | EAT. LIVE ...
BRAISED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH PLUM SAUCE RECIPE | COOKING BLOG
BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MEDITERRANEAN WINE SAUCE RECIPE
8 COMFORTING BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPES - SAVEUR
ITALIAN BRAISED CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
MY MIND PATCH: BRAISED SOYA SAUCE CHICKEN ???
WILLIAMS SONOMA BRAISING SAUCE, ITALIAN CHICKEN
BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS | THE ...
CHICKEN SAUCE PIQUANT RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND CHIVE BUTTER… | THE ...