WEST AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Yummy! Use whatever meat you have on hand, (African favorites are dried fish or pig's foot, but chicken or beef are easier to come by stateside,) and serve over rice.
Total Time 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Fry onions and meat until tender.
- Add collards and more oil, fry until heated.
- Crumble Maggi cubes in and mix.
- Serve over rice, with a side of fried plantain. Yum!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.1, FatContent 7.6, SaturatedFatContent 1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 37.4, CarbohydrateContent 14, FiberContent 6.8, SugarContent 2.1, ProteinContent 5.1
LIBERIAN STYLE COLLARD GREENS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is a delicious twist on a soul food staple! They are never bitter. I got the recipe from a Liberian restaurant. You may think the ingredients are strange, but they come together perfectly. You may want to adjust the amounts to your taste. When cooking something like greens, eyeballing is the best measurement. The longer you cook these, the more the flavors mesh and the better they taste.
Provided by SARA12RARA
Total Time 2 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the bacon in a large deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble.
- Heat collard greens, vegetable oil, water, and chicken bouillon in a large pot over medium heat. Simmer until greens are wilted, about 10 minutes. Stir bacon, peanut butter, liquid smoke, soul food seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into pot; cover and simmer until greens are very tender and peanut butter begins to separate, about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Stir flounder fillets into greens. Continue to cook until fish breaks down, about 30 minutes more, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.3 g, CholesterolContent 36.8 mg, FatContent 25 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 18.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.7 g, SodiumContent 944.8 mg, SugarContent 1.5 g
More about "african collard greens recipe recipes"
AFRICAN POTATO AND COLLARD GREEN STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 258.6 per serving
- Season stew with vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. If the stew is too dry, add a little water. Serve hot.
AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS WITH TAMARIND : RECIPES : COOKING ...
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
- 2. Serve with a generous portion of steamed rice.
TASTY COLLARD GREENS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Category Side Dish, Vegetables, Greens
Calories 141.6 calories per serving
- Reduce heat to medium, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the greens are tender and dark green, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain greens, reserving liquid. Mix in red pepper flakes if desired. Use liquid to reheat leftovers.
SPICY AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS | FAT FLUSH
COLLARD GREENS - IMMACULATE BITES
BLACK FOLKS SOUL FOOD COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - THE SOUL ...
COLLARD GREENS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ETHIOPIAN COLLARD GREENS - IMMACULATE BITES
AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
COLLARD GREENS FROM A TRIED-AND-TRUE FAMILY RECIPE | FN ...
WEST AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
LIBERIAN STYLE COLLARD GREENS BY ALL RECIPES - AFRICAN VIBES
THE BEST COLLARD GREENS RECIPE | SOUTHERN & FLAVORFUL WITH ...
EASY SOUTHERN STYLE COLLARD GREENS RECIPE | AFRICAN FOOD BEAM
COOKING COLLARD GREENS WITH A WEST AFRICAN AND CARIBBEAN ...
WARMING WEST AFRICAN CHICKEN STEW WITH COLLARDS AND PEANUTS
WORLD'S BEST COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPICY AFRICAN COLLARD GREENS RECIPE - SMOOTHIE SHAKEDOWN
SOUTHERN STYLE COLLARD GREENS RECIPE | SIDE DISH RECIPES ...
COLLARD GREENS CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE — EATWELL101