YUMMY YAM CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I call this the 'recipe with legs' because every time I serve it, the recipe is requested. Even those who dislike yams and sweet potatoes love this tasty dish! This dish can be frozen, but freeze it without the pecan topping. Defrost before baking.
Provided by LIZALOUISE
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Sweet Potatoes
Total Time 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Poke yams in several places with a fork, then cook them on high power in microwave oven until heated through and soft, about 20 minutes. When cooled, remove skins and place the yams in a large bowl.
- Beat yams until smooth. Then beat in one egg at a time, blending after each addition. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup melted butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg; beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart casserole dish. Arrange the pecans in a single layer on top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 64.5 g, CholesterolContent 75.9 mg, FatContent 25.5 g, FiberContent 9 g, ProteinContent 7.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.2 g, SodiumContent 399.3 mg, SugarContent 16.6 g
YAM AND APPLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday, yams and apples are baked with a sweet glaze.
Provided by VEGAS
Categories Side Dish Casseroles Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place yams in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 30 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, peel, and cut into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the cornstarch and brown sugar. Mix in the apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Alternate layers of yams and apples in the prepared baking dish. Pour the apple juice mixture over the layers.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking 30 minutes. Baste frequently with the juices from the pan to prevent drying.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 93 g, CholesterolContent 11.4 mg, FatContent 4.8 g, FiberContent 10.8 g, ProteinContent 3.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 54.9 mg, SugarContent 27.8 g
More about "yam recipe with orange juice recipes"
SWEET POTATO CRANBERRY BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 20 minutes
Category Side Dishes
Calories 386 calories per serving
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, 20-30 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-in. slices. , Place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar and butter. Repeat layers. Pour orange juice over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. , In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown, about 10 minutes longer.
SOUTH CAROLINA SHE-CRAB SOUP RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE ...
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
- Pour water in a large stockpot and place over low-medium flame. Add the vegetables and bouquet garni; cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to become tender. Add the lemon juice, crab boil seasoning, peppercorns, wine and salt. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring to mingle flavors. Carefully put the crabs in the pot and continue to cook for another 15 minutes. The crab shells will be bright orange when done. Remove and shell the crabs. Strain the stock to discard the vegetable solids, reserving the crab meat and stock.
SWEET SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD ...
Total Time 27 minutes
Calories 319.9 per serving
THANKSGIVING DINNER FOR ONE RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Transfer sliced turkey to a plate. Spoon sauce over. Serve with green beans and stuffed sweet potato alongside.
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
CANDIED YAMS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
COOKING RECIPES | HARVEST MOON ANIMAL PARADE
RECIPE INDEX OF SWASTHI'S RECIPES
900+ THANKSGIVING RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | THANKSGIVING ...
TOM YUM - WIKIPEDIA
RECIPE INDEX - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
THE BEST SWEET POTATO RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
RECIPES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
RECIPES | FOOD FANTASY WIKI | FANDOM
THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF VEGETARIAN RECIPES
SEARCH | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
70+ BEST SWEET POTATO RECIPES TO MAKE THIS FALL
FEEL GOOD FOOD RECIPES FEATURING OUR FRUIT PRODUCTS | SUNSWEET