BASIC BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
These butter cookies are absolutely delicious made with regular butter, but they become downright amazing with Plugrá or Land O Lakes Ultra Creamy.
Provided by EPICURIOUS.COM
Yield Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer (preferably fitted with paddle attachment) or 6 with a handheld. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form dough into a 12-inch log (2 inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough on a baking sheet until firm, at least 4 hours. (To roll cookies into balls, see cooks' note, below.)
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut enough 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices from log with a heavy knife to fill 2 ungreased large baking sheets, arranging slices about 1 inch apart (chill remainder of log, wrapped in plastic wrap). If garnishing with coarse sugar, sprinkle slices with it.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes total. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely. Make more cookies with remaining dough on cooled baking sheets.
- *Available at specialty foods shops and New York Cake & Baking Distributor (800-942-2639).
BEST BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
With this convenient recipe, you get four different kinds of cookies from just one batch of dough. The cutouts, peppermint balls, spicy fruit balls and chocolate slices are enough to fill up a Christmas treat tray. —Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. , Divide dough into four 1-1/2 cup portions; mix and shape for each variety as follows. Yield: 4 portions (1-1/2 cups each)., To prepare Cutouts: Using one portion dough, divide into two balls; roll each ball directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cookies. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired. Decorate with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Peppermint Balls: In a large bowl, combine one portion dough, peppermint candies and peppermint extract. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with red colored sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Spicy Fruit Balls: In a large bowl, combine one portion dough, currants, fruit and cinnamon. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute then roll in confectioners' sugar if desired. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen., To prepare Chocolate Slices: In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, mix melted chocolate into one portion cookie dough. Shape into a 1-1/2-in.-thick log; roll in nuts. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63 calories, FatContent 4g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 13mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 38mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
More about "wow just regular butter recipes"
WOW! THEY'RE NOT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Remove from oven, cool 3 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet and finish cooling on a wire rack. Store in air tight container
RECIPES - WOWBUTTER
JUST REGULAR BUTTER - ITEM - WORLD OF WARCRAFT
SCHOOL-SAFE WOWBUTTER + RECIPE
WOWBUTTER COOKIES (NUT-FREE) - THE PANCAKE PRINCESS
WHERE TO GET JUST REGULAR BUTTER WOW - YOUTUBE
JUST REGULAR BUTTER - ITEMS - WOWDB
WOWBUTTER BLOSSOMS – THE SIMPLE ELEMENTS
MRRL - NPC - WORLD OF WARCRAFT
ALL NATURAL, PEANUT FREE FOOD SPREAD - WOWBUTTER
VEGAN BUTTER - SUPER QUICK & EASY! - A VIRTUAL VEGAN
PERFECT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE ~ 10 MINUTES!
HOMEMADE VEGAN BUTTER - LOVING IT VEGAN
SUBSTITUTING UNSALTED BUTTER FOR SALTED | CHALLENGE DAIRY
THANKSGIVING DESSERTS TO WOW YOUR GUESTS INSTEAD OF ...
CHOCOLATE WOWS COOKIES - RECIPE GIRL
WORLD OF WARCRAFT
BUTTERSCOTCH CINNAMON PIE - PIZZAZZERIE
IT'S TRUE: THE CANDY GODS MADE A REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP ...
HOT CHOCOLATE BOMB COOKIE RECIPE | KITCHN