SMOKED TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Very delicious, very savory, robust and slightly sweet soup that warms the body and the soul. Serve with corn bread.
Provided by MAERYON74
Categories Turkey Soup
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the turkey legs, water, bouillon cubes, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, marjoram, and curry powder in a soup pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the wild rice. Simmer the soup at least 1 hour. Remove the turkey legs and strip the meat from the bones and tendons. Chop the meat and return it to the soup. Pour in the half-and-half and heat to just below a simmer; cook on low heat for about 30 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 478 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.7 g, CholesterolContent 124 mg, FatContent 26.4 g, FiberContent 3.3 g, ProteinContent 30.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.9 g, SodiumContent 1630.3 mg, SugarContent 4.3 g
CREAM OF TURKEY & WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE - EATINGWELL
Got leftover cooked chicken or turkey? Cook up a pot of soup! This recipe is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain bread.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Healthy Chicken Rice Soup Recipes
Total Time 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.5 g, CholesterolContent 79.7 mg, FatContent 10.6 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 36.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.7 g, SodiumContent 364.1 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g
More about "wild turkey meat recipes"
JUST-LIKE-THANKSGIVING TURKEY MEAT LOAF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Calories 303 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan., Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. , Freeze option: Shape meat loaf in plastic wrap-lined loaf pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and wrap securely in foil; return to freezer. To use, unwrap meat loaf and bake in pan as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
WILD TURKEY, WILD TURKEY MEAT | SHOP D'ARTAGNAN
8 SIMPLE RECIPES FOR WILD TURKEY | BASS PRO SHOPS
EATING WILD BOAR MEAT | D'ARTAGNAN
WILD GAME RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR WILD TURKEY RECIPES - GAME & FISH
BUY WILD MEAT & GAME ONLINE | THE WILD MEAT COMPANY
VENISON RECIPES - RECIPES FOR DEER MEAT AND ELK | HANK SHAW
WILD TURKEY HUNTING | IDAHO FISH AND GAME
HEALTHY TURKEY RECIPES | EATINGWELL
HEALTHY TURKEY RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ORDER WILD BOAR MEAT ONLINE | WILD MEAT COMPANY
LEFTOVER TURKEY SOUP WITH WILD RICE - THE SEASONED MOM
SMOKED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST - HANK SHAW'S WILD FOOD RECIPES
THE BEST PLACES TO BUY WILD GAME MEAT IN 2022
14 BEST TURKEY SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST WILD PHEASANT RECIPES - YUMMLY
INJECTABLE MEAT MARINADE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ALL RECIPES AND COOKBOOK - THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF ...
FRESH WILD GAME MEAT FOR SALE - VINCENT'S MEAT MARKET
FEATURED RECIPES | CATEGORY | CANADIAN TURKEY
WHAT DO WILD TURKEYS EAT – WILD TURKEY FOOD - BIRDS FLIGHT
38 LEFTOVER SMOKED TURKEY RECIPES IDEAS | SMOKED TURKEY ...
HOW TO MAKE.... MEAT RECIPES | MEATGISTICS | WALTON'S
10 BEST GROUND VENISON MEAT RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE - AMANDA JOHNSON | FOOD ...