CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW ICING RECIPE ...
We prefer Droste brand Dutch-process cocoa for this recipe because it gives the cakes a richer chocolate flavor. Though whoopie pies can be served on the same day they're made, we think the cakes are much better a day after baking.
Provided by EPICURIOUS.COM
Total Time 1 hr
Cook Time 30 min
Yield Makes 8 individual desserts
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until combined. Stir together buttermilk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer or 5 minutes with a handheld, then add egg, beating until combined well. Reduce speed to low and alternately mix in flour mixture and buttermilk in batches, beginning and ending with flour, scraping down side of bowl occasionally, and mixing until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4-cup mounds of batter about 2 inches apart onto 2 buttered large baking sheets. Bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until tops are puffed and cakes spring back when touched, 11 to 13 minutes. Transfer with a metal spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Beat together butter, confectioners sugar, marshmallow, and vanilla in a bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Spread a rounded tablespoon filling on flat sides of half of cakes and top with remaining cakes.
BROWNIE COOKIE WHOOPIE PIES | ALLRECIPES
Soft, chewy cookies with rich, chocolate brownie flavor are filled with a sweet, creamy, marshmallow filling in this tasty whoopie pie recipe using brownie mix. The cookies get a bit toasted around the edges so each bite is like a coveted chewy brownie edge piece! For a fun, cold dessert treat, swap out the whoopie pie filling for ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches or, just eat the cookies as-is!
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 10 whoopie pies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly coat a wire rack with cooking spray.
- Stir brownie mix and flour together in a medium bowl until well combined. Add chocolate chips, oil, and eggs; stir until well blended.
- Scoop 20 rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Decorate 1/2 of the cookies with candy sprinkles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before removing to the sprayed rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; blend until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Place marshmallow mixture in a large zip-top bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Pipe filling onto the center of one plain cookie and top with a sprinkled cookie. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 615 calories, CarbohydrateContent 90.6 g, CholesterolContent 61.6 mg, FatContent 28.8 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 4.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.3 g, SodiumContent 193.8 mg, SugarContent 39.2 g
More about "whoopie pie marshmallow filling recipes"
WHOOPIE PIE FILLING | MARTHA STEWART
Category Dessert & Treats Recipes
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add Fluff and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined.
VANILLA WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW FILLING RECIPE ...
CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW CREAM FILLING ...
WHOOPIE PIE FILLING RECIPE | WILTON
HOMEMADE WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW FLUFF - NEW ENGLA…
WHOOPIE PIE MARSHMALLOW FILLING RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
WHOOPIE PIES | MARSHMALLOW FLUFF
WHOOPIE PIE FILLING RECIPE | WILTON
WHOOPIE PIE FILLING RECIPE MARSHMALLOW - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
THE BEST WHOOPIE PIES (WITH 3 OPTIONAL FILLINGS) - PRETTY ...
10 BEST WHOOPIE PIE FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST WHOOPIE PIES (AKA GOBS) - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
ALICE’S OLD-FASHIONED WHOOPIE PIES RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE
OLD FASHIONED WHOOPIE PIE FILLING RECIPES
A MARSHMALLOW-STUFFED WHOOPIE PIE RECIPE TO FILL YOU WITH ...
PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW FILLING - BEST AMISH ...
WONDERFUL WHOOPIE PIES | MARSHMALLOW FLUFF
EASY WHOOPIE PIE FILLING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...