EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI | ALLRECIPES
These easy butternut squash ravioli are a terrific way to use up leftover roasted butternut squash. They can stand in equally well as either the ideal appetizer or as an elegant main dish for dinner. The secret? Wonton wrappers instead of pasta make these ravioli incredibly easy.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place cooked squash into a mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir in mascarpone cheese, egg yolk, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, mixing until the filling is smoothly combined.
- Place a wonton wrapper onto a working surface. Wet the tip of a finger in water, and run it all along the outer edge of the wonton skin to moisten. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton. Fold the wonton in half to make a half-moon shape, and press the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers.
- Place a deep skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in butter and unpeeled clove of garlic. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Drop the filled raviolis into the boiling water, a few at a time, and cook until they float to the top, about 2 minutes. Drain the raviolis, and transfer them to the skillet. Turn the heat under the skillet up to medium-high, and cook just until the raviolis are infused with garlic flavor, about 2 or 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with chopped sage, more black pepper, and extra Parmesan cheese to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.4 g, CholesterolContent 79 mg, FatContent 15.9 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 11.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.5 g, SodiumContent 741.7 mg, SugarContent 0.7 g
WONTONS (??) | MADE WITH LAU
Learn how to make your own Cantonese-style wontons at home!
Provided by Made With Lau
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- We'll chop our green onion into small pieces. Most (or all of it) will go into the filling, but we can optionally save some for garnish later.
- We'll start by cutting our pork shoulder into slices, then into strips, and then into small bits. We don't want to mince them excessively into fine bits like our fish ball recipe - we want a bit of chewiness to it.
- Assuming the shrimp you bought was peeled + deveined, we'll chop our shrimp into roughly fingernail-sized bits.
- Before we marinate the pork, we'll want to squeeze as much water out of it as we can. Press the pork firmly against the colander repeatedly.
- Add the shrimp and green onions to the bowl but DON'T MIX them together yet. We'll cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the filling for at least 30 minutes to let the meat absorb the marinade. If you start folding immediately, then the wrappers will be too wet.
- Wet a spoon with some water, and proceed to mix the pork, green onions, and shrimp together for about 30-60 seconds until everything is evenly mixed.
- I should preface by saying there are A LOT of different methods of folding wontons out there. In our video, my dad explains two easy methods to try.
- For the second method, all we need is a spoon. After putting about a teaspoon of filling in the center of the wrapper, we'll press our thumb and index fingers into a hole and drape the wrapper over the center of hole.
- After folding, you can cook them immediately and skip this part.
- Next, we'll bring a pot of water to a boil to start cooking our wontons.
- We'll transfer the wontons out of the pot to stop them from cooking. Call your loved ones over! It's time to eat :)
More about "where to purchase wonton wrappers recipes"
EASY (15 MINUTE) WONTON SOUP RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 136 kcal per serving
- Divide soup in four bowls. Garnish with fresh scallions.
SIU MAI (??) - CHINESE FAMILY RECIPES | MADE WITH LAU
Total Time 260 minutes
- Fill a steamer with about 2 cups of water. Lay out the siu mai on a steamer rack (with holes on the tray) so they're not touching.
10 TASTY BAKED WONTON RECIPES USING WONTON WRAPPERS
31 RECIPES FOR WHAT TO MAKE WITH WONTON WRAPPERS - WHAT TO ...
HOMEMADE WONTON WRAPPERS • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
CHICKEN WONTON SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOW TO MAKE WONTON CUPS & DELICIOUS WAYS TO FILL THEM!
THE BEST SPINACH ARTICHOKE CUPS - PLAY PARTY PLAN
PORK POTSTICKERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
36 OUTSTANDING APPETIZERS TO MAKE IN A MUFFIN TIN
RECIPES & COOKING VIDEOS FROM AROUND THE WORLD | SBS FOOD
CHERRY CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
STOKES PURPLE® SWEET POTATO | FRIEDA'S INC. - THE ...
6 NOT-SO-SCARY PUMPKIN RECIPES | PARENTS
LOBSTER RAVIOLI - LEMON BUTTER LIMONCELLO CREAM SAUCE ...
STICKY PORK SPARE RIBS | DONNA HAY
70+ COMFORTING FALL PASTA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
LOW-SODIUM MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES