PERFECT BOILED EGGS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
If your goal is perfectly smooth, blemish-free boiled eggs that jump out of their shells every single time, I’ve got bad news: No technique in the world can promise that level of perfection. But armed with data from scientific tests done with more than 90 testers and more than 700 boiled eggs, this technique for boiled eggs — technically steamed, as they cook in just an inch of water — will maximize your odds. Fresher eggs will take slightly longer to peel, but they should peel just as cleanly as older eggs. The eggs in this recipe should be cooked straight from the refrigerator; reduce cooking times by 1 minute if using room-temperature eggs.
Provided by J. Kenji López-Alt
Total Time 10 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Find a lidded saucepan large enough to allow your eggs to comfortably fit on the bottom in a single layer. Add 1 inch of water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Gently lower eggs into the saucepan using a slotted spoon or a steamer basket. (It’s O.K. if the eggs are partly submerged on the bottom of the pot, or elevated on a steamer rack and not submerged at all.) Cover pan and cook eggs, adjusting the burner to maintain a vigorous boil, 6 minutes for a warm liquid yolk and firm whites, 8 1/2 minutes for a translucent, fudgy yolk, or 11 minutes for a yolk that is just barely firm all the way through.
- Drain eggs, then peel and eat immediately, or transfer them to a plate and allow them to cool naturally before storing in the refrigerator for up to a week directly in their shell. (A small dot made with a permanent marker on the top of each cooked egg will ensure you don’t mix them up with the raw eggs.) Do not shock them in an ice bath after cooking; this makes them more difficult to peel.
SOFT BOILED EGGS RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Struggle to make perfect soft-boiled eggs with a runny centre? Just follow our foolproof recipe, then serve with toast soldiers or in a salad niçoise
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Breakfast, Brunch
Total Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Make sure your eggs aren't fridge cold. By having the eggs at room temperature, it will be less of a shock for the egg reaching the hot water and therefore less likely to crack. You can also use an egg pricker to make a very small hole in each egg before boiling, which will also reduce the chances of it cracking in the heat. Slowly lower the eggs into the water using a spoon.
- Set your timer for 4-5 mins for runny/dippy eggs to serve with soldiers, or 6-7 mins for soft-boiled eggs for a salad. If serving in a salad, plunge the eggs into a bowl of cold water as soon as the timer goes off – this will stop them cooking and cool the shells quickly for peeling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, FatContent 13 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams saturated fat, ProteinContent 19 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.5 milligram of sodium
AIR FRYER HARD-BOILED EGGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is my new hard boiled egg recipe. This is just unbelievable and so easy. I will add another minute to cooking time since I have a 3.5 qt air fryer. I had no trouble peeling the eggs after the ice bath. Thank you so much for this new way of making hard boiled eggs and adding it to my growing wonderful air fryer recipes.
INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
Jan 15, 2020 · When we use High Pressure to cook hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot, though the eggs are beautifully cooked with egg whites & yolks fully set, the texture of the egg …
13 DIFFERENT WAYS TO COOK EGGS | CHEAPISM.COM
To soft-boil eggs, follow the directions for hard-boiled eggs but let the eggs sit in the water for only 2 to 3 minutes. Although soft-boiled eggs can be eaten on their own, they're more popular as a sort of dipping sauce for toast — always a fun, tasty addition to brunch. To eat, place the soft-boiled egg …
KEN'S PERFECT HARD BOILED EGG (AND I MEAN ... - ALLRECIPES
I've tried other recipes that claim to make "perfect hard-boiled eggs", but have never gotten perfect eggs. This is the real deal, folks. Not only were the eggs perfectly cooked, with a beautifully …