APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
You can’t go wrong with a classic Betty Crocker recipe, and this one is no exception. This timeless dessert is the epitome of fall—homemade flaky pastry is wrapped around a hot and bubbly apple and a warm brown sugar glaze is poured on top for an extra sweet finish. While these dumplings are sublime on their own, we wouldn’t be opposed to eating these crispy apple treats with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt. Cut in the butter, using a pastry blender or fork, until particles are the size of small peas. Sprinkle with the cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well with fork until all flour is moistened. Gather the dough together, and press it into a 6x4-inch rectangle.
- Lightly sprinkle flour over a cutting board or countertop. Cut off 1/3 of the dough with a knife; set aside. On the floured surface, place 2/3 of the dough. Flatten dough evenly, using hands or a rolling pin, into a 14-inch square; cut into 4 squares. Flatten the remaining 1/3 of the dough into a 14x7-inch rectangle; cut into 2 squares. You will have 6 squares of dough.
- Remove the stem end from each apple. Place the apple on a cutting board. Using a paring knife, cut around the core by pushing the knife straight down to the bottom of the apple and pull up. Move the knife and make the next cut. Repeat until you have cut around the apple core. Push the core from the apple. (Or remove the cores with an apple corer.) Peel the apples with a paring knife.
- Place 1 apple on the center of each square of dough. In a small bowl, mix the raisins and nuts. Fill the center of each apple with raisin mixture. Moisten the corners of each square with small amount of water; bring 2 opposite corners of dough up over apple and press corners together. Fold in sides of remaining corners; bring corners up over apple and press together. Place dumplings in a 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the brown sugar and 1 1/3 cups water to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently. Carefully pour the sugar syrup around the dumplings.
- Bake about 40 minutes, spooning syrup over apples 2 or 3 times, until crust is browned and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm or cooled with syrup from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 830 , CarbohydrateContent 141 g, CholesterolContent 65 mg, FatContent 5 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 6 g, SaturatedFatContent 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 600 mg, SugarContent 104 g, TransFatContent 1 g
SIU MAI (??) - CHINESE FAMILY RECIPES | MADE WITH LAU
Learn how to make this iconic dim sum dish right at home!
Provided by Made With Lau
Total Time 260 minutes
Prep Time 240 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- We'll be mincing and preparing:
- In a bowl, we'll mix:
- We'll be creating our siu mai fillings in a few steps:
- This is a lot easier to conceptualize by watching our video (and also much easier with practice), but here are the steps to stuff and fold the dumplings:
- Fill a steamer with about 2 cups of water. Lay out the siu mai on a steamer rack (with holes on the tray) so they're not touching.
9 CHINESE DUMPLING RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE CHINESE DUMPLINGS ...
HOW SWEET IT IS: SWEET DUMPLING SQUASH | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP, CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - NATASHA'S ...
DUMPLING MEANING, HISTORY OF DUMPLINGS, WHO INVENTED DUMPLINGS
OMA'S THÜRINGER KLÖSSE ~ RAW POTATO DUMPLINGS MADE GRATED ...
SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT REVIEWS, RECIPES, WINE & SPIRITS ...
RUSSIAN PELMENI (MEAT DUMPLINGS) - MOMSDISH
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAM AND JELLY? | ALLRECIPES
BORIS JOHNSON DUMPLING MAKER THREATS ARE A NEW LOW | OPINION
PORK SOUP DUMPLINGS RECIPE | MOLLY YEH | FOOD NETWORK
POTSTICKERS (CHINESE PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
THE BEST GROUND PORK RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
DINNER RECIPES - RECIPES BY MEAL | TASTE OF HOME
30 EASY ASIAN RECIPES FOR TAKEOUT AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
25 EASY CANADIAN DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
BOK CHOY RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART