CONGEE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Congee, a Chinese rice porridge, will make any cold winter's day warm and welcoming. This recipe, also known as 'jook', was inspired by my Grandmother's frequent preparation of this dish. You will enjoy congee's unique velvety and savory taste.
Provided by Mark Miller
Total Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine chicken stock, water, rice, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, salt, and sesame oil in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until congee has thickened to the consistency of a light porridge, about 3 hours.
- Stir fish into congee and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve congee in bowls topped with pickled vegetables, roast pork, scallions, and peanuts. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and soy sauce over toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.3 g, CholesterolContent 25.4 mg, FatContent 2.9 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 15.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.6 g, SodiumContent 1430.7 mg, SugarContent 1.2 g
BASIC CHINESE CONGEE RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND DIANE CU ...
Dress up this classic white rice porridge with your favorite savory toppings like bacon, chinese sausage or onions. Slideshow: One-Bowl Rice Recipes
Provided by Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In large pot add stock, rice, salt and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn't clump or stick at the bottom.
- Simmer the congee for about 1 hour or until the congee is thickened and creamy. Add salt to taste. Serve the congee hot.
More about "what is congee recipe recipes"
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (RICE PORRIDGE) | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Total Time 70 minutes
Calories 509 kcal per serving
- For savory congee
CHICKEN CONGEE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Calories 351 per serving
- Serve the congee with a sprinkling of soy sauce, spring onion and ginger and a few drops of sesame oil to taste.
CHICKEN CONGEE (??) | MADE WITH LAU
Total Time 60 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and pour the jook into your favorite bowl. Garnish with the green onions and cilantro.
CONGEE WITH SOY EGGS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Calories 557 calories per serving
- Remove the eggs from the soy mixture and cut in half. Divide the congee between 2 bowls. Scatter over the chopped spring onions and crushed peanuts. Top with the soy egg halves and a sprig of coriander. Drizzle the sriracha over and finish with a spoonful of the soy egg marinade.
RICE CONGEE SOUP (JOOK) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 207 calories per serving
- Discard ginger piece. Remove turkey from soup; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cool 10 minutes. Remove skin from turkey; discard. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Chop meat into bite-sized pieces, and stir meat into soup. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls; garnish with green onions, parsley, julienne-cut ginger, and soy sauce, if desired.
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (CHINESE RICE PORRIDGE)
TOP-RATED CONGEE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
9 RECIPES FOR CONGEE, THE COZY PORRIDGE YOU CAN EAT AT ANY ...
BASIC CONGEE RECIPE - CHINESE RICE PORRIDGE (JOOK/? ...
CONGEE RICE PORRIDGE RECIPE - WE KNOW RICE
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (PLAIN CONGEE, ??) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CONGEE - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC ASIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE - PUPS WITH CHOPSTICKS
SIMPLE CONGEE RECIPE (RICE PORRIDGE) - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
CONGEE - HEALING RICE PORRIDGE - HEALTH BENEFITS AND HOW ...
KIDNEY-FRIENDLY CHICKEN AND GINGER CONGEE – KIDNEY ...
TRADITIONAL CONGEE RECIPE (EASIEST HOMEMADE THAI SOUP ...
A CONGEE RECIPE PACKED WITH UMAMI FLAVOR | HUM NUTRITION BLOG
TURKEY CONGEE RICE PORRIDGE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CONGEE - WIKIPEDIA