CLASSIC CHEESECAKE BAKED IN A WATER BATH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I love to make cheesecake but always found my cheesecake to be a little dry. I have a favorite recipe that I used but it never seemed like restaurant quality. On a copycat site I read that The Cheesecake Factory bakes cheesecake in a waterbath but forgot about it and couldn't find it again. I found a recipe that explains the cooking method very well. Even if you don't use the recipe exactly, try the method I found on Baking 911.com!! Prep time and baking time is approximate. The website did not offer a cooking time. I guess you have to watch it and know your oven.
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To prepare the crust, melt the butter and brush on the bottom of a 10x2 heavy cake pan or 10-inch springform pan.
- Mix the crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add enough butter to make the crumbs stick together.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Set aside and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of a heavy mixer, beat the cream cheese on low with the paddle until smooth.
- Scrape and add the sugar, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Scrape the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice, beat in the eggs and yolks, one at a time.
- Scrape the bowl well and combine.
- Scrape the bowl well to ensure even mixing, you should have a smooth batter.
- Pour into the pan, all the way to the top and set the pan into a larger pan.
- Set in the oven and then pour the hottest tap water into the outer pan.
- This is a water bath.
- Bake until the center is just firm, but when you tap the side the center will jiggle like firm jello.
- Don't worry, it will firm up when it cools.
- You don't want to overbake this cake, this will cause cracking and a dry texture.
- Remove from the outer water pan and set on a level surface and cool until room temperature.
- Then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to remove the cake from the pan, have the plate ready that you want to use.
- A board covered in plastic wrap is ok, too.
- If using a cake pan, hold it over a burner on your stove, just to melt the butter to release the cake.
- Keep the pan turning so you don't overheat.
- Then, turn pan over onto the plastic covered board and hold both at an angle.
- Tap the edge firmly on the counter until you feel the cake release it's seal.
- Turn out onto the board and immediately turn over onto the plate.
- Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator.
- If you wish to serve at room temperature, then slice while cold, then set the slices out about 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663.7, FatContent 49.9, SaturatedFatContent 27.6, CholesterolContent 222.5, SodiumContent 518.5, CarbohydrateContent 46.5, FiberContent 0.4, SugarContent 38.8, ProteinContent 9.8
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Creamy, tangy, and oh so sweet, this New York-Style Cheesecake will become an instant favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Cake Recipes
Yield Makes one 9-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in lower third of oven.
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Line sides of pan with 4-inch-high strips of parchment and butter parchment.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with salt and sugar to fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until fully incorporated. Press evenly into bottom of prepared springform pan and bake until crust is golden brown and set, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, butter, and sour cream with sugar until light and smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Beat in remaining egg yolks, zest, and vanilla extract.
- Crisscross two long pieces of foil and place a piece of parchment on top. Place springform in center of foil and wrap foil tightly around bottom and sides of pan. Transfer to a roasting pan, pour filling into springform pan, and smooth the top.
- Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan and carefully transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour until top of cheesecake is golden brown, edges are set, and center jiggles slightly. Lift cheesecake from water bath, remove foil and parchment from outside of springform, and chill cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, remove side of springform pan and parchment strips. Cut cheesecake with a long, thin-bladed knife.
More about "water bath pan for cheesecake recipes"
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE (INCLUDING WATER BATH INSTRUCTIONS ...
Make and share this Pumpkin Cheesecake (Including Water Bath Instructions) recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 752.2 per serving
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 752.2 per serving
- For a seamless look, you can smooth the sides of the cheesecake with a hot, wet knife.
WATER BATH FOR CHEESECAKE - CULINARY HILL
Nov 06, 2018 · Instructions Preheat oven to the temperature required for your recipe. Wrap springform pan (or other pan) in two layers of heavy-duty... Add crust to the bottom of springform pan and bake according to your recipe instructions. Remove from oven and set in... Add cheesecake filling to the baked crust. ...
FOR CRACK-FREE CHEESECAKE, WATER BATH BAKING IS A MUST ...
Jan 23, 2020 · Cheesecake water bath tips. Using a water bath in baking is fairly straightforward, but Catherine has a few tips to ensure successful cheesecakes: Always, always, always use hot water in your water bath. “Using cold water will change your oven temperature and bake time,” Catherine warns. Don’t overfill the pan. An inch or so of hot water should be plenty. Large cheesecake pans displace a lot of water. (Or you can fill the pan after you’ve set in your cheesecake, too.) Be careful not ...
HOW TO MAKE A WATER BATH FOR CHEESECAKE - HANDLE THE HEAT
Dec 31, 2020 · Bake as the recipe directs. When baking a cheesecake in a water bath, the directions are generally to bake at 325°F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. The cheesecake is done when the top looks dry but the center still wobbles and jiggles like jello. It should not be liquidy at all.
CHEESECAKE WATER BATH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
Water Bath for Cheesecake - Culinary Hill tip www.culinaryhill.com. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the pan. Bake cheesecake according to recipe instructions. Remove from oven, then let cheesecake cool in the roasting pan for 45 minutes.
AMAZON.COM: CHEESECAKE WATER BATH PAN
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Dec 19, 2017 · Set the unbaked cheesecake in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes about one inch up the side of the cake pan. The water bath (also called a bain marie) regulates the temperature and keeps the cheesecake baking at an even, low heat. The steam created by the water bath also protects the cheesecake from drying out and cracking.
THE BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPE | NO WATER BATH! - LAUREN'S LATEST
Feb 28, 2020 · How to Make Easy Cheesecake | Directions. Step 1: Make the Graham Cracker Crust. Stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 7 ... Step 2: Make the Cheesecake Filling. Step 3: Remove Air Bubbles. Step 4: Bake the Cheesecake (without a ...
HOW TO MAKE A WATER BATH FOR CHEESECAKE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Feb 04, 2021 · Carefully pour water into the large pan to come halfway up the outside of the springform pan, making sure that no water splashes into the cheesecake. Gently push in the rack and close the oven. In addition to heeding the recipe instructions on determining when the cheesecake is done, pay attention to when to remove it from the water bath.
HOW TO MAKE A WATER BATH FOR CHEESECAKE - COMFORTABLE FOOD
Jul 04, 2021 · Put the cheesecake in a large baking pan or tray, then add hot water from a tea kettle to come about 1 inch up the sides. Bake cheesecake on a low oven temperature of 150 degrees for 1 hour and a half. Check the water level after about 40 minutes into baking and add more if needed. After one and half hours, check the cheesecake with a toothpick ...
CHEESECAKE WATER BATH PAN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
Amazon.com: cheesecake water bath pan new www.amazon.com. Amazon's Choice for "cheesecake water bath pan" Highly rated and well-priced products. Shop by brand Shop by price Fat Daddio's. Fat Daddio's Round Cake Pan, 12 x 3 Inch, Silver. 4.8 out of 5 stars 321. $16.29 $ 16. 29. Get it as soon as Thu, Nov 18.
HOW TO MAKE A WATER BATH FOR CHEESECAKE
Feb 05, 2021 · The water bath protects the cheesecake from uneven oven heat while it bakes so that the filling can set up slowly and evenly with little risk of rubbery edges, dark top, or sunken center.
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cool the cheesecake in the water bath until the water is just warm, about 45 minutes. Remove the springform pan from the water bath, discard the foil, and transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator to cool for at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove the sides of the springform pan. You can serve the cheesecake right from the base of the ...
PERFECT CHEESECAKE WATER BATH PAN | SILICONE | FOR ...
Didn't turn out "terrible" (a little wet on one side and thankfully a test cake), but with this bath pan, I had the peace of mind it wouldn't leak. Made my cheesecake again and it worked GREAT! My spring form pan fit in the bath pan perfectly. Also, with the bath pan being flexible, it was easy to get out once the cake was done.
THE BEST CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
Apr 06, 2020 · Bake in a water bath. Set springform pan into a water bath (keep reading for more info on this) and bake at 325° for nearly 2 hours, until only the center 2-3 inches wobble slightly when gently shaken. Let cool. First, turn off the oven and crack the door open and keep the cheesecake inside for an hour.
CHEESECAKE RECIPE WITHOUT A WATER BATH - SAVOR THE BEST
Aug 27, 2021 · Cheesecake recipes often call for a water bath, or bain-marie, because it helps the cheesecake bake more evenly and the moisture protects the cheesecake’s surface and texture which can easily over-bake. An over-baked cheesecake is noticeable in both appearance and taste- it will lack the soft, creaminess that cheesecakes are known for and ...
CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
May 02, 2018 · Remove the pan from heat and press through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Allow the thin raspberry sauce to cool completely before using. Store for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Water Bath: Some readers have baked cheesecakes with a large pan of hot water on the rack beneath the baking cheesecake.
WHY DO YOU PUT CHEESECAKE IN A WATER BATH? - BROKEN BARREL
Dec 19, 2021 · A water bath is crucial for the success of a good cheesecake. The hot water surrounds the pan and bakes the filling gently and evenly—exactly what slightly fussy bakes like cheesecake need. Should I put a pan of water in the oven with my cheesecake? Cheesecakes are egg based, and they need low heat. Position baking rack in center of oven and ...
USING A CHEESECAKE WATER BATH (BAKING 101) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
Mar 06, 2021 · The water surrounds the cheesecake pan while the cheesecake is baking. Cheesecake is a custard and it can be finicky. There are three main reasons to use a water bath: Allow the cheesecake to bake with even heat: the even heat of the water helps the cheesecake cook evenly so there are no hot spots or overly done areas.
AMAZON.COM: CHEESECAKE WATER BATH PANS
1-48 of 247 results for "Cheesecake water Bath Pans" Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Cheesecake Moat. 4.7 out of 5 stars 164. $44.95 $ 44. 95. Get it Tue, Dec 28 - Wed, Dec 29. $9.95 shipping.