EASY VEGETABLE STIR FRY | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Super-quick and packed with veg, this is the perfect weeknight dinner fix. Carrots are full of vitamin C, which means this stir-fry will give your immune system a boost and help keep away any coughs and colds. Plus, eggs are a great addition to this otherwise vegan dish. As well as being a source of protein they also contain essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, which a lot of us are guilty of being deficient in. Get your veg prepped first and your pan super-hot and you’re away to go!
Total Time 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/gas mark 6, fill a small pan with salted water and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Peel and trim the stalk, ginger and garlic, then finely slice. Remove the core and seeds from the pepper and finely slice. Trim the spring onions and roughly slice, separating the green and white parts.
- Toss the pepper and broccoli in 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in a small roasting tray, and season well. Roast in the hot oven for 20 minutes, or until charred.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to the pan cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, then spread out on a plate to cool.
- Peel the carrots, halve lengthways and finely slice at an angle. Squeeze the lime juice into a bowl and mix in half the soy. In another bowl, crack the egg and mix with the remaining soy.
- Check your veggies in the oven, drizzle over the honey and roast for 5 minutes more. Remove and put to one side.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, scatter in the peanuts and toast, then tip onto a board.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the hot pan and turn the heat up to high. Add the green part of the spring onions and the rice, stir-frying until the rice is broken up and hot.
- Pour the egg into one side of the pan. Lightly scramble, then fold into the rice. Tip onto a plate and season.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and return to the heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the carrot and broccoli stalk and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger and white part of the spring onions and cook for 2 more minutes before adding the roasted veggies.
- Add the lime mixture, toss well and add a splash of water if necessary. Taste and season to perfection.
- Roughly chop the toasted peanuts and sprinkle on top, serving the eggy rice on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 676 calories, FatContent 21.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.9 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 26.2 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 102.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 23.1 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.6 g salt, FiberContent 9.3 g fibre
VEGGIE QUESADILLAS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Quesadillas are a big hit in the Oliver household – the kids love them because they’re comforting and delicious, and Jools loves them because they’re a great way to include hidden veg. I’ve gone for leeks, peppers and carrot here, but use whatever you’ve got, just aim for 500g or more – think deseeded diced tomato, chopped grilled veg, little florets of broccoli, shredded spinach or kale, smashed roasted sweet potato or butternut squash. Get ’em prepped, stack ’em up, and you’re ready to cook.
Total Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Peel off the outer layers of the leeks, leaving the tender inner part (save the outsides for stew or soup, or even stock or gravy), then finely chop.
- Deseed and finely chop the peppers. Wash and coarsely grate the carrot.
- Put all the veg in a bowl, coarsely grate in the cheese, adding more if you have it, then mix it all together. If you’ve got fresh herbs, add some roughly chopped leaves.
- To assemble, scatter the veg and cheese mixture across four tortillas, then top with the remaining tortillas.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- One at a time, dry fry the quesadillas for 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the outside, and the cheese has melted in the middle, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, jazz up your houmous. Add half a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice to the houmous tub, and mix together. You can add some fresh herbs here if you have any.
- Let each quesadilla cool for at least a minute before slicing into wedges. Finely slice the chilli, if using. Serve with the jazzed-up houmous and yoghurt for dunking, topped with chilli sauce and the sliced fresh chilli to add a bit of heat, if you like. Great with a fresh, crunchy salad on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, FatContent 20.5 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 17.1 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 61.7 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 10 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.4 g salt, FiberContent 5.3 g fibre
More about "veggie noodle stir fry recipes"
TOFU STIR FRY WITH VEGETABLES IN A SOY SESAME SAUCE ...
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 294 kcal per serving
- Top with sesame seeds.
40 ASIAN STIR-FRY RECIPES THAT WON'T HAVE YOU MISSING TAKEOUT
TOP 10 CHINESE STIR-FRY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BROWSE THOUSANDS OF RECIPE INSPIRATIONS | FRESH IDEAS ...
HEALTHY STIR FRY RECIPES | EATINGWELL
14 DELICIOUS CHINESE NOODLE RECIPES TO MAKE TONIGHT
15 MINUTE SPICY UDON STIR FRY - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
VEGETABLE NOODLE STIR FRY - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
VEGGIE TOFU STIR-FRY | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
24 BEST STIR-FRY RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE STIR-FRY AT HOME ...
STIR-FRY AND WOK RECIPES | MYRECIPES
STIR FRY VEGETABLES RECIPE: BETTER THAN TAKEOUT! - BUILD ...
7 HEALTHY STIR-FRY RECIPES
50+ EASY STIR FRY MEALS - RECIPES FOR STIR FRY—DELISH.CO…
WHAT ARE THE BEST VEGETABLES TO PUT IN STIR FRY?: THE ...
SWEET CHILLI SALMON WITH STIR FRY VEGETABLES | TESCO REAL FOOD