VEGETABLE TEMPURA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Crisp and delicious vegetable tempura makes an impressive Japanese appetizer. Serve with the dipping sauce or simply with soy sauce if you prefer a vegetarian option.
Provided by ChefJackie
Categories Bean and Pea Appetizers
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk light soy sauce, mirin, and dashi granules together in a bowl for the sauce; set aside.
- Whisk water and egg yolks together in a bowl until well combined. Sift in flour and whisk until just combined; batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or a deep saucepan until very hot, but not smoking.
- Dip sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, green beans, and shiitake mushrooms one by one into the batter and transfer immediately into the hot oil. Deep-fry tempura in batches, making sure to not overcrowd the wok, until batter is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Repeat until all vegetables have been used. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 42.6 g, CholesterolContent 68.3 mg, FatContent 16.6 g, FiberContent 4.2 g, ProteinContent 6.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, SodiumContent 216 mg, SugarContent 6.6 g
RANCH DRESSING AND DIP MIX RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This versatile recipe converts easily into a creamy dip or smooth dressing. It's delicious served with fresh veggies or drizzled over greens. —Carolyn Zimmerman, Fairbury, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Yield 1 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches). , To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups., To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252 calories, FatContent 26g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 10mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 306mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 2g protein.
More about "vegetable dip mix recipe recipes"
VEGETABLE QUICHE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Category Breakfast Quiche
Calories 228.2 calories per serving
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 35 minutes.
ROASTED VEGETABLE CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HEARTY VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES