TURTLE ICE CREAM
Turtle Ice Cream is a decadent homemade ice cream recipe packed with chocolate chunks, toasted pecans, and swirled with caramel and chocolate fudge.
Provided by icecreamfromscratch
Total Time 8 hours 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Chill the ice cream bowl for at least 24 hours or until solid. You should not hear any water sloshing around when you shake the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until smooth and pale yellow in color.
- Add the milk and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and then remove from the heat. Be sure not to boil.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the hot milk to the egg and sugar mixture and whisk constantly until combined.
- Then, add the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot milk.
- Heat the saucepan on low. Stirring constantly, heat until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. This should take a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove any pieces of egg that may have cooked.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap making sure to have the plastic wrap touching the surface of the ice cream base. This will help keep it from forming a skin while chilling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until cold.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the bowl of your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer’s instructions (mine took about 20 minutes), until it is thick and the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- In the last two minutes, add the chopped chocolate and all but one tablespoon of the toasted pecans. Churn until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon half of the ice cream into a shallow container or a loaf pan.
- Top with half of the caramel sauce and chocolate sauce and lightly swirl with a spoon.
- Repeat with remaining ice cream, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Top with remaining pecans.
- Press plastic wrap or wax paper to the surface of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solid.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, CarbohydrateContent 73 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 228 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 46 grams fat, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 12 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 21 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 326 grams sodium, SugarContent 63 grams sugar, TransFatContent 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 23 grams unsaturated fat
TURTLE ICE CREAM PARFAITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
These tasty treats are great for kids. Use the remaining brownie mix to make this dessert again or to make a half-batch of brownies.
Provided by MyRecipes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brownie mix, water, and egg white in a large bowl; stir well. Spread batter into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut brownie lengthwise 12 times. Then cut brownie crosswise 12 times to equal 144 small cubes.
- Combine ice cream syrup and flavoring in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Let cool slightly. Stir in pecans.
- Divide half of brownie cubes evenly among 6 (6-ounce) parfait glasses. Spoon 1 cup ice cream evenly over brownie cubes. Top with half of caramel mixture. Repeat layers with remaining brownie cubes, ice cream, and caramel mixture. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
- NOTE: Combine remaining half of brownie mix and 1/3 cup water; stir well. Spread into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
More about "turtle egg ice cream recipes"
NO-COOK TURTLE ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
ULTIMATE TURTLE DESSERT RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Total Time 0 minutes
Category Ice Cream, Caramel, Dessert
Calories 340 calories per serving
- Place each serving on individual plate or in shallow bowl. Microwave both remaining toppings in bowls 30-60 seconds or until warm. Drizzle each serving with ice cream toppings. Top each with dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
TURTLE ICE CREAM PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 308 calories per serving
- To prepare filling, place softened ice cream in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon half of ice cream over cooled crust, and place remaining ice cream in refrigerator. Drizzle pie with 1/3 cup caramel. Freeze pie for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread the remaining ice cream over caramel. Sprinkle evenly with pecans; drizzle with 3 tablespoons of caramel. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
TURTLE BROWNIE ICE CREAM DESSERT RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 4 hours 30 minutes
- To serve, drizzle hot fudge topping over dessert with fork using quick strokes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Let stand at room temperature about 5 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with whipped topping.
NOT JUST KIMCHI: TURTLE EGG ICE CREAM TREAT
TURTLE EGG ICE CREAM - YOUTUBE
CHUNKY TURTLE ICE CREAM - CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC
10 BEST TURTLE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
NO CHURN TURTLE ICE CREAM RECIPE - THE RECIPE REBEL
TURTLE COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE | JEFF MAURO ...
SNAPPIN’ TURTLE CHERRY ICE CREAM – UP NORTH BLOG
CHUNKY TURTLE ICE CREAM | CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC | ICE ...
TURTLE BROWNIE ICE CREAM DESSERT, PECAN, CHOCOLATE CARAMEL ...
A GUIDE TO KOREAN ICE CREAM - MUNCHPAK
TURTLE EGG – MINECRAFT WIKI
SALTED CARAMEL PECAN ICE CREAM RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
NIKIBONE.COM - CROCKPOT RECIPES - TURTLE PUDDING
TURTLE PIE - NO BAKE TURTLE PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST!
TURTLE PIE ICE CREAM - COOKEATSHARE
VEGAN TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE | FRAGRANT VANILLA CAKE