HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE (LOW-FAT) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Cooked chicken breast may be used in place of the tuna, if desired add in 1 cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese to the soup mixture, this is only optional --- for Weight Watcher's program 1 serving = 7 points :)
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7 or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or use a casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture).
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in onion and tuna; toss to combine.
- In a saucepan heat soup with milk until smooth.
- Stir in mushrooms mayonnaise, Mrs Dash seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper until combined; pour into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.1, FatContent 2.9, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 11, SodiumContent 150.8, CarbohydrateContent 3.1, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 11
HEALTHIER TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
A comfort-filled classic, the traditional dish features a cast of hefty characters—cream, cheese, and noodles—and delivers nearly 700 calories and a day’s worth of sat fat with just one helping. In an attempt to introduce fresher ingredients while staying true to the classic, we start by bolstering the filling with meaty mushrooms, lots of aromatics, and herbs. Tomato paste adds a tangy counterpoint to the creamy, noodle-coating sauce, while Dijon mustard and lemon zest add zing. Canned tuna is a pantry staple that takes center stage in our remake (with just as many beneficial omega-3s as fresh). In lieu of a breadcrumb or potato chip topper, we use fresh dill and sharp cheddar to round out this dinner with bright flavor and cheesy goodness for less sodium.
Provided by Jamie Vespa, MS, RD
Total Time 55 minutes
Yield Serves 6 (serving size: 2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook noodles according to package instructions until very al dente, omitting salt and fat. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium. Add mushrooms; cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 4 more minutes. Add thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add butter; stir to melt. Whisk in flour; cook until roux is golden, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; whisk in milk, tomato paste, mustard, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Return to a simmer; simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Pour mixture into bowl with noodles. Stir in tuna and dill. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer tuna mixture to baking dish; top with cheese. Bake at 375°F until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439, CarbohydrateContent 55 g, FatContent 13 g, FiberContent 7 g, ProteinContent 30 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, SodiumContent 640 mg, SugarContent 9 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 g
More about "tuna casserole healthy recipes"
HEALTHIER TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category Seafood, Fish, Tuna
Calories 543.7 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
LIGHT-BUT-HEARTY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 322 calories per serving
- Cook noodles according to package directions., In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the mushrooms, tuna and red pepper. Drain noodles; add to soup mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray., Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
HOMEMADE TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
Total Time 70 minutes
Calories 318 kcal per serving
- Place under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).
HEART HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Calories 269.2 per serving
- Pour into Crockpot. cook low for 3-4 hours.
TUNA CASSEROLE WITH PEAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Healthy Tuna Recipes
Calories 474 calories per serving
- Bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
10 BEST HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE | ELLIE KRIEGER | FOOD NETWORK
HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HEALTHY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE (FROM SCRATCH!) | AMBITIOUS ...
HEALTHY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
HEALTHY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE - DISHING OUT HEALTH
LOW CARB KETO TUNA CASSEROLE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE | TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE - MY ...