TOMATO KETCHUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
This tomato ketchup recipe will blow your socks off when dolloped on steak and chips – heaven!
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield 500 ml (roughly)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place all the vegetables in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan with a big splash of olive oil and the ginger, garlic, chilli, basil stalks, coriander seeds and cloves. Season with a teaspoon of black pepper and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Cook gently over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until softened, stirring every so often. Add all the tomatoes and 350ml of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently until the sauce reduces by half.
- Add the basil leaves, then whiz the sauce in a food processor or with a hand blender and push it through a sieve twice, to make it smooth and shiny. Put the sauce into a clean pan and add the vinegar and the sugar.
- Place the sauce on the heat and simmer until it reduces and thickens to the consistency of tomato ketchup. At this point, correct the seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the ketchup through a sterilized funnel into sterilized bottles, then seal tightly and place in a cool dark place or the fridge until needed – it should keep for six months. Great served with steak and chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9 calories, FatContent 0.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 0.0 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 0.4 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 1.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 0.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
COD & TOMATO TRAYBAKE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cook this simple everyday fish supper with smooth tomato sauce and you will hit four of your 5-a-day
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the peppers, onions, tomatoes and olives into a large, deep baking tray and cook for 15 mins until they start to soften and char at the edges.
- Stir in the passata, butter beans and seasoning, then make 4 little areas and nestle in the cod. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 mins until the cod is cooked through. Sprinkle over the basil and serve with crusty bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, FatContent 3 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 27 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 14 grams sugar, FiberContent 8 grams fiber, ProteinContent 37 grams protein, SodiumContent 2.3 milligram of sodium
More about "tomato seasoning recipes"
TOMATO JAM RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 230 per serving
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has consistency of thick jam, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, then cool and refrigerate until ready to use; this will keep at least a week.
TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP | 100K RECIPES
Total Time 40 minutes
- Check on your soup after 30-40 minutes to see it has thickened if so remove from the stovetop and serve. Enjoy!
TOMATO SAUCE FROM FRESH TOMATOES RECIPE- RECIPES FRO…
10 BEST HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP WITH CANNED TOMATOES …
10 BEST RAMEN NOODLE SEASONING RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRESH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TOMATO PIE I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST TOMATO BASED VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES | YU…
10 BEST ROASTED POTATO SEASONING MIX RECIPES | YUM…
HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF