TOMATES FARCIES (STUFFED TOMATOES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Stuffed tomatoes is a popular cold-weather recipe in northern and eastern France. Traditionally, pork or a combination of pork and beef is used, but due to dietary restrictions we just use beef. Serve with rice.
Provided by SISTADISCO
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield 4 stuffed tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice tops off the tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out the pulp with a spoon and place, with juices, in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt into each tomato and set upside down in a casserole dish to drain excess juice. Chop tomato flesh into smaller pieces and place in the casserole dish.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, herbes de Provence, garlic powder, and black pepper in the bowl; mix together with your hands. Turn tomatoes over and stuff them with beef mixture so that a small amount rises over the top. Cover with reserved tops.
- Roll up any leftover beef mixture into small bowls and place in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes are tender and beef is cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, CarbohydrateContent 17.2 g, CholesterolContent 69.6 mg, FatContent 18.7 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 22.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.1 g, SodiumContent 212.6 mg, SugarContent 5.7 g
PANEER CON TOMATE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Pan con tomate, the Spanish dish of grated tomato on grilled or toasted bread, is summery and extremely satisfying. Grating a tomato somehow emphasizes everything delicious about it, heightening sweetness and acidity. Paneer con tomate is built on the same principle, but swaps the bread for pieces of crisp-edged, lightly fried cheese. Here, the tomato pulp is seasoned not with olive oil, but with a glug of coconut oil infused with mustard seeds and curry leaves. If you’ve got homemade paneer, which is looser and softer, then there’s no need to fry it. To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by Tejal Rao
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield 2 servings, as a snack or appetizer
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the tomatoes directly over a serving plate, pressing down with your palm so that all of the pulp goes through, and you’re left with just the thin outer skin. Get rid of the skin and season the pulp generously with the salt and pepper.
- Cut the paneer into strips about 1-inch thick, then rotate the block and cut the strips to make bite-size squares.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick pan over medium and add the paneer, letting it brown lightly, about 1 minute. Flip the pieces to get the other side a little brown, about 1 minute, then pile the paneer onto the tomato pulp.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, crumple the curry leaves and add them to the pan, shaking it gently to sauté the leaves. Tip it all directly over the paneer and serve warm, or at room temperature.
More about "tomate recipe recipes"
BEST TOMATO RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
45+ BEST TOMATO RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH FRESH TOMATOES
35 FRESH TOMATO RECIPES FOR PEAK TOMATO SEASON | ALLRECIPES
36 FRESH TOMATO RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CLASSIC TOMATE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
102 TOMATO RECIPES TO CELEBRATE SUMMER IN STYLE | BON APPÉTIT
THE 10 BEST TOMATO RECIPES | | THE GUARDIAN
PAN CON TOMATE RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD NETWORK
PAN CON TOMATE RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
BEST PAN CON TOMATE (SPANISH TOMATO BREAD) L THE ...
OLD-FASHIONED TOMATO GRAVY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
KNORR CALDO DE TOMATE RECIPES
RECIPE AND POST INDEX - OLIVE TOMATO
CREAMY SPANISH TOMATO SOUP [SOPA DE TOMATE RECIPE] - VISIT ...
RECIPES USING TOMATO SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
EASY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM