MONKFISH IN A THAI GREEN CURRY SAUCE - FISH RECIPES - BORD BIA
A perfect dish for a dinner party - it looks and tastes really great and is easy to prepare.
Provided by Bord Bia
Prep Time 0S
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
Add the oil to a large heavy based frying pan, and warm a little, then add the paste and cook for a minute. Then stir in the ginger, scallions and peppers and coat in the paste.
Pour in the coconut milk, and boil for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Season the fish and add to the mixture in the pan and gently simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is beginning to flake.
Add the chopped herbs and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts :
RED THAI SEAFOOD CURRY - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
This triple-tested monkfish recipe takes on the traditional flavours found in Thai food.
Provided by The Good Housekeeping Cookery Team
Total Time 23 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok. Add the curry paste and cook for 1-2min.
Add the monkfish and prawns and stir well to coat in the curry paste. Add the coconut milk, stock, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir all the ingredients together and bring just to the boil.
More about "thai monkfish curry recipes"
FISH CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
Total Time 55 minutes
Cuisine https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet, https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet
Calories 398 calories per serving
- Slice the monkfish into large chunks and pop in a non-reactive bowl, along with the turmeric, lime zest and juice and a large pinch of sea salt.
- Mix together to coat the fish, then leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Add the rice to a pan with 100ml of the coconut milk and 300ml of salted water, then cook according to the packet instructions.
- To make your sauce, peel and finely slice the onions and garlic, peel and finely chop the ginger, then slice the chillies. Roughly chop the tomatoes, keeping them separate.
- Heat a large casserole pan over a medium–high heat and add a splash of oil, the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and curry leaves. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the onion is softened and coloured.
- Smash the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar, then stir them into the pan along with the mustard seeds, cumin, fenugreek and turmeric. Fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tamarind paste or syrup, the remaining 300ml of coconut milk and 100ml of water, then simmer for 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to break down and the sauce reduces.
- Add the monkfish to the sauce and simmer until the fish is cooked through and opaque. Remove and discard the cardamom pods, then serve with the rice on the side.
MONKFISH THAI GREEN CURRY WITH FRAGRANT YELLOW RICE
Total Time 25 minutes
- Put the rice and water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Add lemongrass, garlic, turmeric, star anise, cinnamon stick. Stir once, bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed. In a wide heavy-based pan, gently heat two tablespoons of the curry paste before gradually stirring in the creamy coconut milk (if the milk has separated in the tin, there is no need to add all the watery part, if you like it creamy). Add more curry paste at this stage if you like it very hot. Next, add the fish sauce, lime leaves, lemongrass, lime juice, zest, and sugar. Taste and add more lime juice if it is too salty or more fish sauce if it needs more punch. Add the monkfish, bring to the boil and simmer covered for 10-12 minutes, adding the mushrooms, mango and sugar snap peas for the final three minutes. Stir in the scallions, chilli, coriander and basil and serve with the rice.
GREEN MONKFISH AND PRAWN CURRY (STEIN) - BIGOVEN.COM
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 9 calories per serving
- "1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the green curry paste and fry for 5-6 minutes, until the ingredients begin to separate from the oil and it starts to smell aromatic. To make the curry paste see p. 215 in the Stein book. If using bought paste, use about 40g for Emily - and it''s still too much. Or double for Mathias. 2. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves or zest, lime juice, potatoes and the aubergines, if using. 3. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes and aubergines are tender. Note that I found the potatoes were still a bit solid after 10 minutes. It''s best to simmer until the potatoes are done and THEN go on to the Prawns and Monkfish. 4. Meanwhile, shell the prawns and de-vein them. Cut each one in half lengthways. 5. Add the prawns to the pan with the monkfish, bamboo shoots and the mangetout, if using. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Do not simmer for longer that 2 minutes, so you need to make sure ythat the potatoes are done before this stage. 6. Stir in the shredded basil and serve sprinkled with the sliced green chilli. --- Original Ingredients --- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil 1 quantity of Green Curry Paste (see p.215) 400 ml (14 fl oz) can of coconut milk 175 ml (6 fl oz) water 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla) 2 teaspoons palm sugar or muscovado sugar 4 kaffir lime leavesor I pared strip of lime zest, cut into very fine shreds Juice of I lime 100 g (4 oz) very small new potatoes, cut in half if large 50 g (2 oz) baby aubergines or mangetout, quartered 12 raw, unshelled, headless prawns 350 g(12 oz) monkfish fillete, cut across into slices I cm CA in) thick 50 g (2 oz) canned bamboo shoots 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil 1 green finger chilli, thinly sliced across into rings "
THAI MONKFISH JUNGLE CURRY | SHEMINS
MONKFISH CURRY WITH LEMONGRASS AND LIME LEAF RECIPE - BBC
THE BEST MONKFISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MONKFISH AND COCONUT CURRY - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
THAI MONKFISH JUNGLE CURRY | SHEMINS
GREEN CURRY WITH MONKFISH - THAI GOLD
THAI MONKFISH CURRY - SNACKING IN SNEAKERS
MONKFISH AND COCONUT CURRY RECIPE - TOM KERRIDGE
RECIPE: MONKFISH RENDANG CURRY - SORTED FOOD
MONKFISH THAI GREEN CURRY | THE TIMES
THAI RED CURRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CURRIES - THAI GOLD
THAI STYLE GRILLED MONKFISH #SUNDAYSUPPER # ... - SONI'S FOOD
MONKFISH AND PRAWN CURRY FROM ROYAL ... - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
MILD MONKFISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - SUPERVALU
JAMIE OLIVER MONKFISH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...