SZECHUAN CHICKEN RECIPE - CHINESE.FOOD.COM
Why go out for Chinese food when it is this easy? Serve with rice or Asian noodles. To slice the chicken thin, freeze for 20 minutes or so first or if you are using chicken from the freezer, slice before it is completely thawed. It isn't as hot as you would expect from "Szechuan"--if you want it spicy hot--add more crushed red chilies.
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- With knife held in slanting position, almost parallel to cutting surface, cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and crushed red pepper; add chicken, tossing to coat.
- In wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add green onions and red and green peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon transfer vegetables to bowl.
- Increase heat to high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; heat until very hot.
- Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken looses its pink color throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. (I suggest cutting one of the larger pieces to make sure it is cooked through.).
- Return vegetables to pan; heat through.
- To serve, transfer chicken and vegetables to warm platter and sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.8, FatContent 12.9, SaturatedFatContent 1.9, CholesterolContent 65.8, SodiumContent 584.3, CarbohydrateContent 10, FiberContent 2.5, SugarContent 3.6, ProteinContent 30.3
VEGETABLE STIR-FRY RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Break out the wok for an Asian-style Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe from Food Network, made with broccoli, bell peppers, squash, eggplant, bok choy and even tofu.
Provided by Food Network
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Start by preparing and cutting all the vegetables and measuring your ingredients so that they are ready to go. Once you begin stir-frying, it goes very quickly.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat canola oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add the peppers and onion while stirring constantly. While continuing to stir, add successively the squash, broccoli, eggplant, tofu, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. Cook, stirring, constantly for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy, sprouts, pepper, and salt and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in snow peas and sesame oil and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calorie, FatContent 11 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams, CholesterolContent 0 milligrams, SodiumContent 618 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 15 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 7 grams, SugarContent 8 grams
A VARIETY OF CHINESE VEGETABLES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Feb 10, 2021 · Chinese vegetables come in a variety of intriguing shapes, sizes, and textures, from a bumpy cucumber-like melon to a green-colored bean that can be 1 foot long. Each has its own unique taste and is used in several types of traditional recipes. Learn how to select, cook, store, and prepare these interesting vegetables.
20 BEST CHINESE VEGETABLE STIR FRY RECIPES - OMNIVORE'S ...
Apr 07, 2017 · 20 Best Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry Recipes Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. ... Szechuan Dry-Fried Green Beans (干煸豆角) ... Easy Swiss Chard Stir Fry. Using vegetables you can find locally, you can still recreate an authentic style Chinese stir fry…
STIR FRIED PASTA WITH VEGGIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This dish was delicious and simple. I have been cooking different stir fry recipes with all different kinds of veggies, and what I loved about this one is how light and fresh it is. Using only a couple …
PRAWN FRIED RICE - KHIN'S KITCHEN - CHINESE RECIPES
Jun 17, 2021 · Drizzle more oil in the remaining wok and stir fry the vegetables by adding the hard ones first. Follow with the rice, pour the stir fry sauce over the rice. Stir fry with high …