KERRY'S SWEET POTATO LATKES | ALLRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Fill a bowl with lightly-salted water. Rinse the grated sweet potato in the water, and drain into a sieve. Pat the grated sweet potato dry with a cloth or paper towels, then place into a bowl. Squeeze excess moisture from the grated onion, and place into the bowl with the sweet potato. Stir the eggs and pepper into the mixture until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, and spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture per patty into the hot oil. Flatten the patties with a fork, and fry until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, 5 to 8 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, sprinkle with salt, then set the cooked patties aside on the prepared baking sheet in the preheated oven while you finish cooking the latkes. Stir the potato mixture before cooking each batch of patties. Serve hot with applesauce and yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.4 g, CholesterolContent 94.3 mg, FatContent 5 g, FiberContent 4.7 g, ProteinContent 7.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.1 g, SodiumContent 424.3 mg, SugarContent 15.5 g
SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Place sweet potatoes in a colander. Place a cheesecloth over the potatoes, and squeeze the potatoes to release as much liquid as possible. Let the potatoes sit to release more liquid, then squeeze again.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon; mix well.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Form mixture into pancake size cakes, and fry in hot oil. Flip cakes after 2 to 3 minutes (when bottom is browned) and brown other side. Drain on paper towels, and serve piping hot!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.6 g, CholesterolContent 46.5 mg, FatContent 2 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 2.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 37.2 mg, SugarContent 3.1 g
More about "sweet potato latkes recipe recipes"
SWEET-POTATO LATKES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Total Time 30 min
- Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
EASY SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Cuisine Middle Eastern
Calories 170 per serving
- Top with sour cream. Garnish with pecans.
SWEET POTATO LATKES (PAREVE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 55.3 per serving
- Fold in egg whites after all other ingredients have been mixed inches.
SWEET POTATO LATKES | MARTHA STEWART
- Working in batches so as not to crowd skillet, carefully spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into oil for each latke. Lightly tamp down to flatten. Cook, turning once, until golden on each side, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spatula, transfer to a paper-towel-lined wire rack to drain. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with sour cream and applesauce.
CHEESY SWEET POTATO LATKES - JAMIE GELLER
Total Time 30 minutes
Cuisine Jewish Food
- 1. Grate the peeled sweet potatoes using a hand grater or a grater attachment on a food processor. 2. Place the grated sweet potatoes in a kitchen towel. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Sweet potatoes are tough, so use your muscles! The more you squeeze, the crispier the latkes. 3. Add the potatoes to a large bowl along with the green onions, eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Mix. 4. Add oil to a large frying pan, so the oil covers the surface of the pan. Bring to low-medium heat. Sweet potatoes need to be cooked at a lower temperature and for more time than regular potatoes. Once the oil starts to shimmer, place a spoonful of the mixture in the pan. Press it down with the back of the spoon, trying to keep the latke in a circular shape. Place a pinch of shredded cheese on top of the latke. Place another spoonful of the mixture on top and press it down again with the back of the spoon. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes. *Remember, the oil shouldn’t be too hot. If the latkes are burning after 5 minutes, turn the heat down a little. 5. Place the cooked sweet potato latkes on paper towels to drain the excess oil. Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onion.
SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Heat enough oil in large skillet to cover bottom of pan. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls in hot oil, and fry over medium heat until golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan, and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining latkes, adding more oil to pan if needed. Keep batches of latkes warm in oven on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet. Serve warm with applesauce, soft goat cheese, or sour cream.
SWEET POTATO AND APPLE LATKES WITH GINGER AND SWEET SPICES ...
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 175 per serving
- Serve hot topped with applesauce and low-fat sour cream, thick Greek yogurt or crème fraîche if desired.
SWEET POTATO LATKES, 2 WAYS : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK ...
JOY BAUER'S SHEET-PAN SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE
MINI SWEET POTATO LATKES | SOUTHERN LIVING
SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SWEET POTATO LATKES RECIPE | CLEAN RECIPES
SWEET POTATO LATKES | MY JEWISH LEARNING
SWEET POTATO LATKES - COOKING FOR KEEPS
BAKED SWEET POTATO LATKES (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
EASY PEASY SWEET POTATO & POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE (LATKES ...
17 BEST LATKE RECIPES FOR HANUKKAH 2021 | EPICURIOUS
AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO LATKES | HEALTHY RECIPES BY CHELSEY ...