SWEET POTATO & COCONUT CURRY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Prep your veggies and let the slow cooker do the work with our filling sweet potato curry
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total Time 8 hours 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onion. Fry gently for 10 mins until soft then add the garlic and grate the ginger straight into the pan. Stir in the paprika and the cayenne and cook for another minute then tip into the slow cooker.
- Return the pan to the heat and add another 1 tbsp oil along with the chilli, red pepper and shredded cabbage. Cook for 4-5 mins then tip into the slow cooker.
- Use the remaining oil to fry the sweet potatoes, you may have to do this in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your pan. Cook the sweet potatoes for around 5 mins or just until they start to pick up some colour at the edges then put them in the slow cooker too.
- Pour the passata and the coconut milk over the sweet potatoes, stir to mix everything together and cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook for 6-8hrs or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir the peanut butter through the curry, season well with salt and pepper and serve with couscous and chopped coriander scattered over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434 calories, FatContent 22 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 12 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 47 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 25 grams sugar, FiberContent 10 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.2 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN, SWEET POTATO & COCONUT CURRY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Serve this mildly spiced curry with rice noodles, basmati rice or chappati breads and introduce your kids to curry
Provided by Lesley Waters
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 35 minutes
Yield Serves 2 adults and 2 children
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok, stir in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Tip in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes. Season to taste before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 calories, FatContent 14 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 24.5 grams carbohydrates, FiberContent 3.6 grams fiber, ProteinContent 19 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.57 milligram of sodium
More about "sweet potato coconut oil recipes"
RED LENTIL SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
Total Time 1 hours
Cuisine https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet, https://schema.org/VegetarianDiet, https://schema.org/VeganDiet
Calories 296 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks, then peel and cut the onions into 2cm-thick wedges.
- Place in a roasting tray in an even layer and sprinkle over the cumin seeds, ground coriander and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle with oil, then toss to coat. Pop in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, then finely slice the chilli. Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium-low heat and pour in a lug of oil. Sauté the garlic, chilli and coriander stalks for a minute, until lightly golden.
- Add the red lentils to the pan. Stir to coat, then pour in the hot stock and coconut milk.
- Turn up the heat, gently bring it to the boil, then let it come to a simmer. Cook the lentils for 20 minutes, or until they are completely broken down.
- When the veggies are ready, remove from the oven and carefully spoon into the pan. Add most of the coriander leaves, then blitz the soup with a stick blender until it’s creamy but still has a little texture.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice to taste and adjust the seasoning if need be. Serve the hot soup topped with the remaining coriander leaves and toasted coconut shavings, if you like.
SWEET POTATO COCONUT CURRY SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SPICY SWEET POTATO AND COCONUT SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST VEGAN SWEET POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PURPLE SWEET POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET POTATO RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
SWEET POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET POTATO, CHICKPEA AND SPINACH COCONUT CURRY - THE VEGAN 8
GINGER SWEET POTATO COCONUT MILK STEW W/ LENTILS & KALE ...
BUTTERNUT AND SWEET POTATO CURRY | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
EASY VEGAN SWEET POTATO COOKIES - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA BUDDHA BOWL | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SWEET POTATO CURRY – A COUPLE COOKS
ASK.COM - WHAT'S YOUR QUESTION?
OVEN BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SWEET POTATO - WIKIPEDIA
SWEET POTATO CHICKEN POPPERS (PALEO, AIP & WHOLE 30 ...
EASY BAKED SWEET POTATO (HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES) - MOM ...
HEALTHY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE (PALEO & VEGAN ...