THAI SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO (KHAO NEEO MAMUANG) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This wonderful and authentic-tasting Thai dessert is as good, if not better, than any sweet sticky rice with Mango available in Thai restaurants.
Provided by Michelle
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, mix together 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; remove from heat and set aside. Stir the cooked rice into the coconut milk mixture; cover. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Make a sauce by mixing together 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the tapioca starch in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Place the sticky rice on a serving dish. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Pour the sauce over the mangos and rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 817.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 144.3 g, FatContent 26 g, FiberContent 6.4 g, ProteinContent 8.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 21.7 g, SodiumContent 458.4 mg, SugarContent 76.4 g
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
A classic mango sticky rice recipe for the Thai dessert Khao Niaow Ma Muang. Learn how to make coconut rice with mango at home.
Provided by EPICURIOUS.COM
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl wash rice well in several changes of cold water until water is clear. Soak rice in cold water to cover overnight.
- Drain rice well in a sieve. Set sieve over a large deep saucepan of simmering water (sieve should not touch water) and steam rice, covered with a kitchen towel and a lid, 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender (check water level in pan occasionally, adding more water if necessary).
- While rice is cooking, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil with ? cup sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat. Keep mixture warm.
- Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and stir in coconut-milk mixture. Let rice stand, covered, 30 minutes, or until coconut-milk mixture is absorbed. Rice may be prepared up to this point 2 hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
- While rice is standing, in cleaned small pan slowly boil remaining ? cup coconut milk with remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Transfer sauce to a small bowl and chill until cool and thickened slightly.
- To serve, mold ¼ cup servings of sticky rice on dessert plates. Drizzle desserts with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide mango slices among plates.
More about "sweet mango rice recipe recipes"
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 586 per serving
- Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Leave for 10 minutes to let absorb, then stir in coconut cream. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices.
SWEET AND KICKIN' MANGO-HABANERO HOT SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 45 minutes
Category Side Dish, Sauces and Condiments, Sauces, Wing Sauce Recipes
Calories 13.3 calories per serving
- Pour mango-habanero mixture into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add white vinegar and apple cider vinegar, stirring frequently until thoroughly combined. Boil until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour sauce into jars or containers.
THAI MANGO STICKY RICE (KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG) RECIPE
THAI MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE: AUTHENTIC THAI STREET FOOD STYLE! - THAI STREET FOOD, RESTAURANTS, AND RECIPES BLOG IN BANGKOK
INDIAN RICE RECIPES - 92 VARIETY RICE DISHES - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
RECIPES | SUCCESS® RICE
GRILLED SALMON WITH MANGO SALSA & COCONUT RICE - COOKING CLASSY - DELICIOUS, EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES EVERYONE WILL LOVE - COOKING CLASSY