SWEET-AND-SOUR BEEF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This healthful stir-fry recipe is a family favorite. I've used a variety of meats and apples and sometimes replace the green onion with yellow onion. No matter what tweaks I make, it always tastes great. —Brittany McCloud, Kenyon, MN
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. , In same skillet, stir-fry peppers and apples in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup green onions; stir-fry 1-3 minutes longer or until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan., Add brown sugar and vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef and pepper mixture to pan; heat through. If desired, serve with rice. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, FatContent 8g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 46mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 663mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 53g carbohydrate (46g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 25g protein.
SWEET AND SOUR PORK III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
My husband's grandmother was Chinese. She taught me this one. This is the way Gramma made Sweet and Sour all her life (she died 6 years ago at age 94). The secret is apple cider vinegar.
Provided by PAM_1
Categories World Cuisine Asian Chinese
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place cubed pork in a medium bowl, and season with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Mix in the egg white and green onions. Cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 quart oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large, heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
- Coat the pork with 1/2 cup cornstarch, and fry in the heated oil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the celery, green bell pepper, and onion, and cook until tender. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked pork, celery mixture, and the pineapple chunks with juice. Return to boil, and mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water to thicken. Cook until well blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 74.7 g, CholesterolContent 42.6 mg, FatContent 35 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 13.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.8 g, SodiumContent 1085.4 mg, SugarContent 52.3 g
More about "sweet and sour stir-fry beef recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 12 minutes
Category Side Dish, Sauces and Condiments, Sauces
Calories 43.2 calories per serving
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 380 per serving
- In same skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Add vegetables; cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot. Stir in pineapple and sweet-and-sour sauce; cook until hot. Serve over cooked rice.
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN STIR FRY | RECIPETIN EATS
SWEET AND SOUR - WIKIPEDIA
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (???) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
7 EASY STIR FRY SAUCE RECIPES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON