STUFFED ROAST SUCKLING PIG RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by MyRecipes
Yield 10 to 15 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Have butcher dress pig, leaving head, tail, and feet intact. Wash pig thoroughly, and pat dry. Combine 2 teaspoons salt and sage; rub body cavity with mixture. Set aside.
- Combine crumbled sausage, onion, and garlic in a very large skillet; sauté until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Remove from heat, and drain well. Stir in bread cubes, chopped apple, walnuts, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, thyme, and marjoram. Combine eggs and 1/4 cup apple cider; mix well, and add to sausage mixture.
- Stuff mixture lightly into body cavity of pig; sew opening together securely using heavy string. Place a small block of wood in pig's mouth to prop jaws open. Insert meat thermometer into pig, being careful not to touch fat or bone. Transfer whole pig to a large roasting pan. Combine melted butter and remaining apple cider; mix well, and set aside.
- Bake stuffed pig at 350° for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 170°, basting frequently with apple cider mixture.
- To serve, transfer stuffing from pig to a serving dish. Transfer whole pig to a large serving platter; garnish platter with parsley sprigs and spiced crab apples. Remove wood block from pig's mouth, and insert apple between jaws. Place maraschino cherries in eye sockets. Cut off legs; carve pork along spine, cracking backbone.
STUFFED PIG'S STOMACH RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
The Stuffed Pig's Stomach recipe out of our category Pork! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Try them out!
Total Time 3 hours 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Peel, rinse and cut potatoes and carrots into 1 cm (approximately 3/8 inch) cubes. Blanch in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes, then strain through a sieve, rinse and drain. Peel onion, chop finely and fry in a pan in hot oil. Rinse the meat, pat dry, chop and mix with potatoes, carrots, onions, sausage meat and parsley in a bowl. Season heavily with marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper. Once again mix well.
- Rinse the pig's stomach thoroughly, pat dry and tie two openings with kitchen string. Using the third hole, spoon in the filling to fill the stomach but not too plump and eventually tie with kitchen string. Place into a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and leave to cook for 2-3 hours. Then remove from the water, drain and arrange on a plate. Serve sliced ??and with sauerkraut if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1290.74 kcal, FatContent 83.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 30.09 g, ProteinContent 101.67 g, CarbohydrateContent 31.81 g, SugarContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 656.59 mg
More about "stuffed pig recipes"
ROASTED STUFFED PIG RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 11 hours 5 minutes
- Salt and pepper inside and outside of the pig. Combine stuffing ingredients and fill cavity of the pig. Roast pig over charcoal and hickory wood, slowly for about 10 to 11 hours at 275 degrees. *Pig roaster available from Bob Moyer ? (215) 257-2710;
STUFFED ROAST SUCKLING PIG RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Total Time 2 hours 35 minutes
- Lay the parsnip, carrots and celery in a roasting pan and drizzle with a little olive oil. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place it on the vegetables. Bake in a preheated convection oven at 120°C (approximately 250°F) for about 2 hours. After about 30 minutes, pour in the broth. 30 minutes before the roast is finished, add the leeks, scallions and herbs to the pan. If needed pour in some additional water. Increase the temperature to 200°C (approximately 400°F) so that a crust forms on the roast. To serve, arrange the vegetables on plates, carve the roast and place slices on top.
STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Category Meat and Poultry, Pork, Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Calories 295.6 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours 55 minutes
Calories 726.1 per serving
- Place tenderloin on a lightly greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325; cover, and bake 30 - 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
BEST STUFFED PORK LOIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE STUFFED PORK LOIN
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category gluten-free, Christmas, Easter, main dish
- Preheat oven to 325º. In a large skillet, cook bacon. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon fat. Add apples and shallots to skillet and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes, then stir in rosemary and pecans. Season with salt and pepper. Butterfly pork: Using a sharp knife, place roast fat side up, with short end toward you. Position knife 3/4” from bottom of roast; cut into 1” toward center of pork. Lift up top half of pork and continue making shallow horizontal cuts deeper into roast, unrolling top of pork as you cut and keeping knife parallel to cutting board to maintain the same thickness until pork unrolls to form a rectangle. Season pork generously with salt and pepper. Top all over with filling. Roll up pork loin and tightly secure with kitchen twine. Rub with mustard. Place in a roasting pan on a rack with fresh rosemary sprigs and bake until internal temperature registers 155º, about 1hour 25 minutes, basting with the pan juices. Let roast rest 15 minutes before slicing.
STUFFED PORK CHOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
21 STUFFED PORK RECIPES FOR THOSE TIMES WHEN YOU CAN'T ...
10 BEST STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
STUFFED PIG STOMACH RECIPE, PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOG MAW ...
STUFFED PIG'S TROTTER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
10 BEST STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST STUFFED BONELESS PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED ROAST PORK - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
LECHONA TOLIMENSE (COLOMBIAN-STYLE STUFFED PORK) - MY ...
APRICOT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE
STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
STUFFED PORK CHOPS IN THE AIR FRYER | EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
STUFFED PORK LOIN - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®