MAUI GIRL'S MANGO PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
If you like peach pie, you will love this dreamy tropical pie. It has a brighter flavor with the added beauty of this luscious island fruit. This recipe came about after I was gifted with a large bag of mangoes by an anonymous Maui neighbor. I was determined to use every single one of them and by adapting an apple pie recipe, I came up with this delicious pie. Another bonus.....the sweetness of the mangoes reduces the need for added sugar.
Provided by mauigirl
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of the pie pastry. Set aside.
- Combine mango, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer mango mixture into the prepared pie pan. Dot the mixture with the butter, then cover with the top crust. Pinch the edges of the top and bottom crusts together to seal. Cut several vents on the top crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 50.1 g, CholesterolContent 3.8 mg, FatContent 16.6 g, FiberContent 3.3 g, ProteinContent 3.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.7 g, SodiumContent 246 mg, SugarContent 24.8 g
MAHI MAHI WITH COCONUT RICE AND MANGO SALSA | ALLRECIPES
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, ginger, green onion, and salt in a bowl. Add the mahi mahi and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring the rice, water, chicken bouillon, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir, and simmer uncovered until the rice has absorbed most of the coconut milk.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the mahi mahi from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place fish in a large baking dish in a single layer. Broil in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. If the fish browns too quickly, cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, stir in mango cubes. Cook and stir until mango is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve by placing a mahi mahi fillet over a scoop of hot rice and top with the mango salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 807.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 107 g, CholesterolContent 93.8 mg, FatContent 28.9 g, FiberContent 3.8 g, ProteinContent 30.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 18.2 g, SodiumContent 548.6 mg, SugarContent 20.6 g
More about "st maui mango recipes"
MANGO MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - THE INFATUATION
Total Time 4 minutes
Calories per serving
MANGOES | MANGO BREAD RECIPE | MAUI MANGOES | A.K.A. MANGOS
MAUI MANGO BREAD - MY LILIKOI KITCHENMY LILIKOI KITCHEN
MANGO RECIPES | RECIPES WITH MANGO | TROPICAL RECIPES
ST MAUI MANGO - YOUTUBE
GRILLED MAHI-MAHI WITH MANGO SALSA - SAVOR THE BEST
MANGOES OF HAWAII
MAUI MANGO CRISP + COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM - CHINDEEP
HAWAIIAN MANGO BREAD RECIPE - PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT
HAWAIIAN MANGO BREAD - EVA BAKES
HAWAIIAN MANGO MAUI RUM COCKTAIL TO MAKE TODAY! EASY ...
MANGOES | RECIPES
MANGO RECIPES | RECIPES.NET
10 BEST FRIED MAHI MAHI RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAHI MAHI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GLASS MANGO DESIGNS & KI’I GALLERIES - MENU MAGAZINE
STORE - HAWAIIAN RECIPES • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
MANGO BREAD | MANGO BREAD RECIPE | EAT THE LOVE
HAWAIIAN MAI TAI RECIPE (A CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET) | TROP ...
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH MANGO SALSA - SPEND WITH PENNIES