SPINACH AND FETA BOREK RECIPE - NYT COOKING
In Turkey, savory pastries like these are made with hand-rolled yufka sheets, but store-bought phyllo dough makes a fine substitute. Often shaped into bite-size parcels, this large version may be cut into wedges. Serve it with a salad of sliced cucumber and radishes, and a bowl of olives, if desired.
Provided by David Tanis
Total Time 45 minutes
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine spinach, parsley, dill, scallions, oregano and eggs and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper, then add Maras pepper, feta and Manchego, and stir well.
- Brush a 10-inch pie plate or skillet with lightly with olive oil. (You can also use a 9-by-13-inch pan for a rectangular pie.) Line with 1 sheet of phyllo, letting the excess fall over the sides of the pan. Brush phyllo lightly with olive oil, then follow with 2 more sheets, brushing each with oil.
- Pour the filling into the phyllo-lined pan, spreading it to the edges with the back of a spoon. Top with 3 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with olive oil before adding the next.
- Fold the ends of the phyllo back over the top and toward the center of the borek, and brush with oil. With the palm of your hand, press down on top layer to make the pie compact. (Alternatively, roll the excess toward the center to form a rim.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Let rest for a few minutes before cutting into wedges. The borek is also good served at room temperature.
GREEK TURKEY BURGERS - SKINNYTASTE
- Preheat the oven to 420°F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Scoop out a large fistful of meat, roll it into a ball, then flatten it to form a patty around 1 ½ inches thick. Repeat with the remaining meat to make 5 large patties of equal size.
- Once the patties are formed, use your thumb to make a shallow indentation in the middle of each patty to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook.
- Set a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray lightly with olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the patties.
- Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the edges are brown and seared, then flip the patties over.
- Cook for an additional minute, then place the entire skillet in the oven to cook until the internal temperature is 165°F, 9 to 11 minutes.
- You can also bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy these as a burger with a toasted whole wheat bun, butter lettuce, cucumber slices, thin red onion slices (optional), sliced tomato, and a little Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Or pair a patty with salad, rice, quinoa, or even roasted vegetables!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 burger, Calories 255 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 29 g, FatContent 14.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.5 g, CholesterolContent 111 mg, SodiumContent 360 mg, FiberContent 0.5 g, SugarContent 1 g
More about "spinach feta turkey burgers recipes"
SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TOMATO AND FETA
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 407 kcal per serving
- Remove toothpicks and eat right away.
UNBELIEVABLY MOIST TURKEY MEATLOAF - INSPIRED TASTE
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 332 per serving
- Bake the meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meatloaf registers 170 degrees F, about 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
SPINACH AND FETA TURKEY BURGERS | ALLRECIPES
GREEK TURKEY BURGERS WITH SPINACH, FETA & TZATZIKI RECIP…
FETA CHEESE TURKEY BURGERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ROAST PUMPKIN, SPINACH AND FETA SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
17 HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SPINACH RECIPES
RECIPES WITH SPINACH | TASTE OF HOME
HEALTHY RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS | WW USA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
FEATURED RECIPES | CATEGORY | CANADIAN TURKEY
RECIPES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
ALL RECIPES - HONEYSUCKLE WHITE
GRILL RECIPES - BBQ GRILLS | WEBER CHARCOAL & GAS GRILLS
30+ GROUND TURKEY RECIPES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SPINACH STUFFED SHELLS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
19 HEALTHY BURGER RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEA…
DINNER RECIPES - MAYO CLINIC
RECIPES | FRESH IDEAS FOR YOU | WOOLWORTHS
VEGETARIAN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - SIMPLY R…
10 HEALTHY SANDWICH RECIPES UNDER 300 CALORIES - SHAPE
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST (2 1/2 TO 3 POUND TURKEY BREAST ...
SPANAKOPITA (GREEK SPINACH PIE) - RECIPETIN EATS