SOY SAUCE SUBSTITUTE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the beef bouillon, balsamic vinegar, molasses, ginger, white pepper, garlic powder and water. Boil gently until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.7 g, CholesterolContent 0.1 mg, FatContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 166.2 mg, SugarContent 0.5 g
SOY-SAUCE-AND-HONEY-GLAZED TURKEY RECIPE - JOANNE CHANG ...
"We never had turkey on Thanksgiving," says Joanne Chang, "only duck. I love turkey with sage and butter, but I crave the flavors I grew up with." Here, she marinates and bastes the bird with soy, sesame, honey and ginger, giving it superb flavor and a beautiful mahogany color.Plus: F&W's Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide More Thanksgiving Turkeys
Provided by Joanne Chang
Total Time 6 hours 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and half of the ginger. Put the turkey in the bowl, breast side down, and marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes. Turn the turkey and marinate breast side up for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set a rack in a large roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper and five-spice powder. Remove the turkey from the marinade; reserve the marinade. Set the turkey on the rack, breast side up, and season it inside and out with the salt mixture. Stuff the cavity with the scallions and the remaining ginger. Turn the turkey breast side down on the rack. Add 2 cups of water to the roasting pan. Loosely cover the turkey with a foil tent.
- Roast the turkey for 4 hours, basting with some of the reserved marinade every hour and adding a total of 3 cups of water to the pan during roasting. Turn the turkey breast side up and baste well with the reserved marinade. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, basting once halfway through cooking. The turkey is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 165°.
- Carefully pour the juices from the turkey cavity into the roasting pan and transfer the turkey to a carving board. Let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the pan juices into a large saucepan and skim off the fat. Add the chicken stock to the juices along with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, blend the butter with the flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in 2 cups of the hot pan juices until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the saucepan and bring the gravy to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. Simmer the gravy over low heat, whisking occasionally, until no floury taste remains, about 8 minutes. Carve the turkey; pass the gravy at the table.
More about "soy sauce broth recipes"
CHICKEN BONE BROTH – INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Allow the broth to cool to room temperature, then store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 1 week, or freeze in silicone muffin molds and, once frozen, transfer to resealable plastic bags for 6 months. Reheat from frozen in a saucepan over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, until heated through.
SOY SAUCE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
SHOYU OR SOY SAUCE RAMEN WITH CHICKEN BROTH RECIPE
SOY SAUCE - WIKIPEDIA
WHAT IS SOY SAUCE AND HOW IS IT MADE? - THE SPRUCE EATS
BRAISED PORK IN SWEET SOY SAUCE - JO COOKS
SOY SAUCE SUBSTITUTES: 6 TO BUY AND 6 TO MAKE AT HOME
FREE RECIPES | KIKKOMAN - SOY SAUCE | JAPANESE SOY SAUCE
DARK VS. LIGHT SOY SAUCE: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? — GARLIC ...
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (SEE YAO GAI/???) - RED HOUSE SPICE
10 BEST WONTON FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
REAL CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SOUP RECIPE
25 WAYS TO USE SOY SAUCE | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
3 DELICIOUSLY EASY KETO STIR-FRY SAUCE RECIPES
40 BASIC STIR FRY SAUCE RECIPES - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
10 BEST HEALTHY LOW SODIUM STIR FRY SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACK PEPPER SAUCE (???) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
GOCHUJANG, SOY SAUCE - H MART