EASY SODA BREAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Want a simple bread recipe? This soda bread requires no kneading or proving, is yeast-free and takes mere minutes to prepare. Above all, it's delicious
Provided by Emma Freud
Categories Side dish, Snack
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield Cuts into 10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the flour, salt and bicarb in a bowl. And if you’d like rosemary bread, add the chopped rosemary too.
- Mix together the milk and lemon juice in a jug, and wait for a minute as it magically turns into buttermilk. Then stir in the honey, and simply pour it into the flour mixture. Stir it with a knife for a minute until the whole thing comes together into a sticky dough.
- Tip onto a floured work surface and shape it into a ball.
- Put the ball on a floured baking tray and, using a sharp knife, make a deep cross on top.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack until warm, then slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, FatContent 2 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 36 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 7 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.3 milligram of sodium
SODA FARLS RECIPE - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
Celebrate St Patrick's Day with soda farls – an Irish soda bread flattened into a circle and divided into four 'farls'. Eat warm with butter
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Side dish
Total Time 28 minutes
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Tip the flour into a large bowl and stir through the salt, sugar and bicarb. Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk, then swiftly stir to combine. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Roll into a roughly 20cm circle and cut into quarters.
- Heat a skillet or heavy-based frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the farls and cook for 8-10 mins on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave the farls to cool in the pan for 10 mins. Split open and eat warm with butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, FatContent 1 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 0.4 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 52 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.4 milligram of sodium
More about "soda cakes recipe recipes"
SIMPLE SODA BREAD | BREAD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Calories 195 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Place the flours, oatmeal, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, use a balloon whisk to beat the egg and buttermilk together.
- Use a fork to stir the egg mixture into the flour, then as it starts to come together, use your hands to pat and bring the dough together.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place onto a lightly floured baking tray. Use your hands to flatten the dough slightly so you end up with a disk, roughly 6 to 7cm thick.
- Score a cross into the top of the bread with the blunt edge of a knife, then bake in the centre of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a firm crust has formed and it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool, then serve slightly warm with some soup or a nice wedge of cheese.
CROCK POT SODA CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD ...
Total Time 3 hours 5 minutes
Calories 2221.3 per serving
- Cook on low 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in middle, comes out clean.
DIET SODA CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM - FOOD.COM - RECIPE…
Total Time 17 minutes
Calories 185.1 per serving
- Pour batter into greased 9x13 dish and bake for the amount of time written on the box of cake mix.
DIET SODA CAKE RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 171 per serving
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly and transfer to a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray; bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Refer to cake-mix box for pan size and approximate bake time.)
AMAZINGLY EASY IRISH SODA BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST EVER IRISH SODA BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BROWN SODA BREAD RECIPE | ODLUMS
CLAM CAKES RECIPE | BUMBLE BEE SEAFOODS
TRADITIONAL IRISH SODA BREAD | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
SODA BREAD RECIPES - BBC FOOD
HOT CAKES RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
TWO-INGREDIENT SODA CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASY 2-INGREDIENT SODA CAKE RECIPE - CUPCAKES AND CUTLERY
SODA POP CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SODA POP CAKES RECIPES - 2 INGREDIENTS | THE WHOOT
11 SODA CAKE RECIPES IDEAS | SODA CAKE, TWO INGREDIENT ...
CAKE MIX AND SODA COMBOS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BICARBONATE OF SODA RECIPES - BBC FOOD
KETO RECIPES - 100S OF UNIQUE RECIPES
THE FOOD TIMELINE: CAKE HISTORY NOTES
SINUS RINSE RECIPE WITH IODINE - NEW RECIPES