SMOKED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST FOR THANKSGIVING - LEARN TO ...
For many people, the big bird absolutely must be on the table in all of it's glory for Thanksgiving but if you really want to make it simple and tasty without the fuss, smoked boneless turkey breast is the best way to go.
Provided by Jeff Phillips
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 240 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove the turkey breast from the packaging but leave the net intact as this is what holds it's shape while it cooks.
- To a medium pot add 1 quart of water, 1 TBS of course ground black pepper, 1 TBS of red pepper flakes, 2 long sprigs of thyme, 2 long sprigs of rosemary and 8-10 garlic cloves smashed with the side of a knife.
- Bring to a boil then remove it from the heat and let it steep covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for several hours to cool.
- To make the brine, add 3 quarts of cold water to a gallon sized pitcher and 1 cup of kosher salt.
- Stir the mixture until the salt is dissolved.
- Add the cooled mixture from the fridge into the brine and stir to combine.
- Place the turkey breasts into a brining container and pour the brine over the turkey to cover and then into the fridge for 4 hours.
- After brining is complete, rinse the turkey breasts under cold water.
- With the net still intact, brush on a little cooking oil and season the outside of the turkey breasts liberally with Jeff's original rub.
- Set the seasoned turkey onto Weber grill pans, Bradley racks or regular cooling racks and they are ready to go into the smoker
- Setup your smoker for cooking at 225-240 °F with indirect heat.
- When the smoker is preheated, place the pan with the turkey breasts into the smoker.
- Let the turkey cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 162°F.
- Remove the turkey from the smoker and let it rest under loose foil for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the net from the turkey breasts being careful to not disturb the crust more than necessary.
- Slice and serve.
HOW TO ROAST A BONELESS TURKEY BREAST – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
This easy to make boneless turkey breast roast is an amazing way to make the right amount of turkey without compromising flavor or moisture.
Provided by Cassie Marshall
Categories Main Course
Total Time 90 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Using your spice mill or pestle and mortar, grind together your peppercorns and transfer to your medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of your dry brining ingredients and sieve through your fingers to ensure all components are mixed and the powder looks like a homogenous mixture.
- Place your turkey breast, skin side up on the wire rack set on top of your baking sheet lined with tin foil. You can either grab handfuls of your salt mixture and sprinkle onto the breast. You won’t need to use all of the mixture so expect some to be left in the bowl. Make sure to rub the salt mixture into the meat without ‘massaging’ it; which can break down the meat fibers. Some of the salt mixture will inevitably end up on the baking tray so don’t fret.
- Leave the turkey breast uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours to dry out the skin and allow for the brine mixture to penetrate the meat.
- Separate the turkey and the wire rack and rinse out any juices left by the turkey. Replace the foil and place the breast back onto the wire rack, in the tray. The extra foil makes it so much easier to clean up after the fact.
- We recommend leaving the breast out of the refrigerator for an hour or 2 before cooking, to allow it to come up to room temperature and reduce overall cooking time.
- While your turkey breast is resting outside of the refrigerator, mix your glaze components in the small saucepan and place them over a medium heat. Stir the mixture occasionally to ensure all of the sugar is dissolved. After about 10 minutes the glaze should thicken and barely coat the back of a spoon. Remove it from the heat and make sure it is ready to be used in the cooking process.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Rub your, now room temperature, turkey breast down with some oil and pour a cup of water into the bottom of the baking tray, we like to throw a halved head of garlic and some of the orange into the water to add some extra aromatics to the breast.
- Place your turkey in the center of the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the skin is mostly golden brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 °F and cover the turkey in the first layer of glaze and don’t be stingy.
- Continue cooking the turkey at this lowered temperature for another 50 minutes to an hour or until the thickest part of the breast registers 150 °F (the turkey will continue to come up to temperature during the resting phase). Make sure to reglaze your turkey every 20 minutes and refill the water in the baking tray ½ a cup at a time.
- The skin should be deep golden brown and shiny. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board; tent loosely with foil. Allow to rest up to 1 hour for the best results.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 kcal, FatContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, CholesterolContent 147 mg, SodiumContent 1113 mg, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, ProteinContent 49 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "smoking a boneless turkey breast recipes"
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST - SAVORYREVIEWS
Total Time 140 minutes
Category Roasted Turkey
- Serve and enjoy!
EASY RECIPE FOR SMOKING BONELESS TURKEY BREAST FOR FIRST ...
SMOKED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST - HANK SHAW'S WILD FOOD RECIPES
SMOKED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | BRADLEY SMOKERS
THE 11 BEST TURKEY BREAST RECIPES
BUTTERBALL, FROZEN, BONELESS TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH ...
TURKEY BREAST EN COCOTTE WITH PAN GRAVY | OREGONIAN RECIPES
SMOKED BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST - LEARN TO SMOKE MEAT WITH ...
BUTTERBALL, FRESH, READY TO ROAST BONELESS TURKEY BREAST ...
58 BEST TRAEGER RECIPES (SMOKE LIKE A PRO!) - COOK WHAT ...
TURKEY | OMAHA STEAKS
EATING WILD BOAR MEAT - D'ARTAGNAN
BUTTERBALL, FRESH, READY TO ROAST BONELESS ... - WALMART.COM
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITHOUT BRINE (TRAEGER PELLET GRILL DEMO)
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST - HOW TO SMOKE ... - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - MEATEATINGMILITARYMAN.COM
GRILLED OR SMOKED TURKEY RECIPE: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO A ...
SMOKED FOOD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO BRINE A TURKEY BREAST - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
SMOKING TIMES AND TEMPERATURES CHART FOR BEEF, PORK & POULTRY