MINI SKILLET CORNBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My husband says this recipe is close enough to the cornbread his mother used to make, so I consider it a winner. His criteria were to "put butter on the cornbread without it crumbling to pieces" and "be able to break it up into a glass of milk without it turning to mush."
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place butter in a 6-in. ovenproof skillet or baking dish. Melt in a 425° oven; tilt to coat bottom and sides. In a bowl, combine cornbread mix and cornmeal. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vinegar. Add to cornmeal mixture; stir until moistened. Pour into prepared skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
SKILLET CORN BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A simple, slightly sweet corn bread made in the versatile cast-iron skillet. Tastes great and is a good base recipe to experiment with. Cast-iron skillets take a little bit of time to warm up. Pre-warming the skillet allows the corn bread to cook evenly.
Provided by mjgreenaway
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place 9-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to warm it.
- Mix milk and cornmeal together in small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Beat cornmeal mixture, eggs, and butter into the flour mixture until you have a smooth batter, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from oven. Swish vegetable oil in the skillet to coat; pour off excess.
- Pour batter into the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 23 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.1 g, CholesterolContent 64.8 mg, FatContent 9.9 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 5.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.8 g, SodiumContent 459.2 mg, SugarContent 2.2 g
More about "small pan of cornbread recipes"
MINI CORNBREAD LOAF RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 50 minutes
Category Healthy Vegetarian Recipes For Two
Calories 190 calories per serving
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean and top is lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Remove parchment paper, if using. Cool 5 to 10 minutes more before slicing. Serve with a drizzle of honey, if desired.
CAST IRON SKILLET CORN BREAD RECIPE | ALEX GUARNASCHELLI ...
Total Time 55 minutes
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with the remaining butter. Pour the batter into the skillet and place it in the center of the oven. Bake until the center is firm and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
- Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
SIMPLE CAST IRON SKILLET CORNBREAD | LODGE CAST IRON
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
CORNBREAD LOAF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 118 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, blend egg, milk and shortening; stir into dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan and serve warm.
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Self-Rising Buttermilk Cornmeal Mix.
CORNBREAD RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 180 per serving
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
THE BEST SMALL SKILLET CORNBREAD FOR TWO RECIPE • A ...
SMALL BATCH CAST IRON SKILLET CORNBREAD - COOKIE MADNESS
EASY SMALL BATCH CORNBREAD IN A LOAF PAN - LIFESTYLE OF A ...
SMALL BATCH CORNBREAD - EASYHEALTH LIVING
EASY CORNBREAD DRESSING (SMALL BATCH) - HEALTHIER DISHES
EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE | MOIST, FLUFFY HOMEMADE CORNBREAD
EASY MINI CORNBREAD MUFFINS RECIPE - ON MY KIDS PLATE
SMALL BATCH CORNBREAD RECIPE - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
SWEET CORNBREAD – A SIMPLE HOMESTEAD
CORNBREAD IN SKILLET - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SUPER MOIST SWEET CORNBREAD RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CLASSIC SOUTHERN CORNBREAD - SOUTHERN CAST IRON